"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mac 'N Cheese & Building Blocks


Mom, guess what my favorite job is?”

“What?”

“Making dinner. I LOVE making dinner!!” Picture her expressive eyes lifting on the word LOVE.
So, tonight, I helped her make mac n' cheese.

As long as there is a recipe & adult supervision…..we won’t fear for our tastebuds!!
Laugh


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girls are also really getting into building w/ blocks, perhaps practicing for when they have a baby brother to play w/???

Busily, Ana places blocks carefully where she wants them.

But, if her project is not up out of Ruth’s way, baby comes to “help” Ana build……usually resulting in screams of agony over destroyed masterpieces…..

These are some of the little lessons Ana is daily learning….& lest you think WE have learned it all (ha! ha!), we are learning too, about how to teach Ana patience & Ruth gentleness….

Actually, I think Dave & I are learning more THAN the girls….(& a lot FROM the girls)
Ana's first attempt.......
Ahhhh....finally, a Ruth-proof location!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please continue to pray for our case…..we want good news soon! The next thing we should hear is that Nathaniel is legally ours & that we will be able to bring him home w/ in a month or so…..

I was reminded today of the passage where Jesus calms the storm on the sea. In Matthew 8:26b, God’s Word says:

“Then He arose & rebuked the winds & the sea. AND THERE WAS A GREAT CALM.”

Is there a “storm” in my life today? Is there a storm in yours? Jesus is in the business of calming storms, but just like the disciples, we must ask Him.





6 comments:

Rachel said...

Jesus is in the business of calming storms...I like that. He is always the answer, isn't He? No matter what our situation is, He is working and will bring about His will. That is so comforting!

Kim & Dave said...

Amen, Rachel....It is such a comfort....

jenica said...

I love hearing about your day to day life. You all don't seem quite as far away...
And if we didn't go through that storm, we would realize how wonderful the calm is.

Kim & Dave said...

You are so right Jenica....The storms of life help us see the calm in a better light....

Jess said...

I keep trying to remember that even if the storm isn't calmed immediately, Jesus is still completely in charge! :)

~Jessica

Kim & Dave said...

Amen, Jessica!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...