"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, December 4, 2007

BLEACH, or the story of a child's disaster

But, first, the pictures you all come to my blog to see. :-)
Ruth's first view of the Christmas Tree.
I love this age.....the wonder in her eyes at everything new.
Decking the tree.
The pregnant ballerina????? Don't ask....Heee!! Heee!!!
Leaning how to make snow flakes.


Make your own grape juice.....oh, the joys of home schooling!!




Ruth says......"LOOK!!! I can take off my own diaper!!! Mommy doesn't even have to help me!!!I am so pleased w/ myself!!!"
By the way, these are the censored photos! :)


And, finally, sunset, out our bedroom window yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, Ruth is snuggled in for the night…..


Ana’s brushed her teeth & gotten ready for bed.


Dave? Working furiously on his class.


Me? Cleaning up from supper, pondering what still needs to be done before my head hits the pillow. Realizing that there are still groceries that need putting away, I ask Ana to start on this project.


She, being the thoughtful daughter she is, trying to save me time…..decides the best method for getting bleach down the stairs is THROWING THE CONTAINER!!!!


I hear:


THUNK, THUNK, THUNK!


I think:


“I wonder what she just threw down the stairs?”


I see:


a slinking child coming back up the stairs.


I then hear,


“Well, I’m sure not trying that again!!!”


I start to think,


“Was it the Downey? There goes the $4.95 we spent on it!!!”



But, as I reach the top of the stairs…..the smell consumes my nostrils & I KNOW!!!

…..it’s WAY WORSE than Downey!!!

It was the GALLON of bleach. ALL over the laundry room, fortunately, missed all the CLEAN clothes….but sadly did not miss some of Ruth’s cute, DIRTY clothes on the floor.

As I sit here in my clean-smelling house (don’t let the scent fool you, BTW), I am so thankful that the Lord reminded me (BEFORE I LOST IT), “These are just things. Ana is your precious child.”


We spent the last ½ hour (all 3 of us still awake), removing the old (thankfully) throw rug, taking it outside to spray down, rinsing what we could from towels, & wiping up the floor as best we could.


Now, it’s back to what I started….the kitchen…..w/ bed in mind after that.



P.S. There’s nothing like discovering your hot water heater is leaking……which also happened to us today…








But, in all seriousness.....it's good to be reminded that our stuff is just that.....STUFF....don't you think? God sure did that for me today.


Oh, & P.S.S......I have now linked my previous post about the babies birth mother on my sidebar......if you haven't read it yet.....

3 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my gosh, I was laughing about the bleach going down the steps until I saw it had busted all over the place. The thoughts that kids get in their heads..LOL.
Its like my teenagers packing the washer so full that their clothes don't get clean and them wondering why..LOL.

Tina said...

Que divertido! Sounds like a "great" way to end a perfectly normal day with children. We had a 30 gallon Tide container bust all over the floor, it went under the dryer. Can you say fun? At least it wasn't wasted. I sopped it up with rags and then added one to each wash cycle. Very inventive huh? Wish I could take credit for thinnking of it, but it was my Dad's idea. Have a great day! Send my love to the girls.

Kim & Dave said...

That is GREAT, Tina....

Tell your dad he is one smart guy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...