"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sweet child of mine (Ana)……missing her brother….

(I ask you, could you help but miss this face????)

.......................& yes, her tears are daily flowing


Her most recent writing assignment?

“Re-copy in your neatest handwriting”-several sentences followed….one of which was:


“I am glad."


Instead, she wrote,


“I am sad.”


“Why,?” I asked.


“I just want Sr. Barios (his is the only signature left to make him legally ours) to sign Natty’s papers…..I don’t know if he’s ever going to sign.”


Those of you who know Ana, know that DRAMA is her middle name, but there was nothing pretend about the sorrow in the tears that followed.

Please continue to pray for our case, & for us as we parent this dear child who is TRYING to understand grownup things in her 6 year old mind-particularly, a God who loves her but is making her wait for something she has wanted more than anything else in her life.


I am amazed that God loves her enough to start teaching her hard lessons at the tender age of six!!


Hebrews 12:5-11


5. My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;





6. For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.




7..If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?




8.. But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.





9.. Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?


10.. For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.




11.. Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.





Does God love her enough to begin training her at 6? Do I trust His hand on her life? These are some of the hard questions of parenting.....


So HARD to watch her HURT & not be able to fix it……like today…..and every day that she thinks much about Nathaniel….

Please, Father, take away this hurt from her little life soon……& let us go & get our little boy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...