"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 27, 2007

Proof is in the Pics, People!! :-)

This child of ours LOVES her "ba-ba."
LOVES it so much she wants it more than ANY FOOD I place on her tray.
Yes, you guessed it.
"Ba-ba" is her bottle.


DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Can you see what is going in her mouth????
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
It is a spoonful of Scalloped Potatos & Ham!!!

And another bite!!!

And, we're still smiling!!!

After a full serving of supper & a small piece of Pumkin Pie, made by big sis Ana!

Up 'til now, she literally has only wanted bottles & maybe an occasional bannana here or there.

I offer her food almost every time we eat, but to no avail.

This is THE FIRST TIME I think she's eaten a whole meal, & she is a year & a half old.

A question for all my blogging friends: Have any of your kids done this?

How have/are you handling EXTREME pickiness?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Playing dress-up.

A quiet evening together......ah, heaven on earth!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

sounds tough, the extreme picky thing. I'm sure she'll gradually pick up a taste for more foods. Sounds like you're handling it well by offering a variety of things for her to try.

Tina said...

You're doing great! Toby just really started to eat whole meals at two. Previous to that he'd eat a few bites here and there and then play with and/or throw the rest on the floor to the dog so be thankful. lol! It gets easier...you just keep on doing the same thing and they get it when they do. My doc gave me piece of mind and that was all I needed. Love to you guys!

Kim & Dave said...

Well, ladies, I have wondered if this will ever end! Last night, I got my first glimmer of hope that she might start eating like a normal child! Thanks for the encouragement from both of you!

Unknown said...

{chuckle!} ah ~ but now you get to contend with food in the hair . . .! LOL

Congrats, Momma! :)

Anonymous said...

That's tough! My eldest daughter basically lived off of milk for the first two years of her life, too. She has gotten a lot better, but still prefers plain, simple dishes. She won't even eat a sandwich unless all of the components are separate. Thankfully Miss Abigail takes after me and loves to chow down. :)

jenica said...

All my kids have had eating problems, i.e. picky. (And one day they'd love a certain food, the next they'd hate it!) They are getting MUCH better. Basically, we have tried to not cater to them much. They eat what we eat, whether it's mac&cheese or millet salad =).

We have tried every tactic it seems:
-Give them tiny portions and make them finish it. (If it's something they don't like don't make them eat a big portion.)
-Don't make them finish, but they get nothing else till the next meal.
-If they don't finish at the meal, save the plate and serve it to them next meal.

Ugg. Basically, I refuse to make a meal and then giving the one who doesn't like it a pb&j, sorry.

I think when they're as young as Ruth and just being introduced to food, it's fine to be a little more lax. Have her take a couple bites of what you're eating and then give her a banana. Banana's were a staple here for awhile and thank goodness they're so convienant!

Sorry for the babble that probably doesn't help!

Kim & Dave said...

No it is helpful, Jenica. Even if it only confirms what we will be doing here in a few more months. You're right, it seems like we can't win this battle yet; she's too young.

Nancy said...

When they become teenagers, they eat all of their food and yours as well!

I was told by my pediatrician that they would eat when they were hungry. He was correct. We offered them everything, didn't make a big deal if they didn't like thngs, and let them "help" cook as much as they were able to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...