"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

OK…..so Monday we had a HUGE list of errands that had to be run (everything from a quick run into the dr to get TB tests read-to a Wal-mart run for birthday presents for a nephew!)

I thought the quickest way to feed the kids was a quick trip into Wendy’s. (our favorite
fast food).

Ana picked out a table & began unwrapping herself & Ruthie. Unwrapping, I say, because when it’s 4 degrees (!!!!) outside…..the children are WRAPPED to within an inch of their lives before heading out the door.

The Christmas Tree was set up in the corner & Christmas music was playing over the speakers in the ceiling.

After ordering our lunch (which they were out of some of the stuff I wanted-so I got other stuff free!!!), kids went in highchairs, bibs went on & lunch began to be eaten!!!

While eating our lunch, a guy came in on lunch break from the near-by grocery store.

This guy, I believe, had a divine appointment by God to be there.

He had a form of what I believe was Down’s Syndrome & was talking with everyone who walked by-loudly.

BUT….it was what he was SAYING that I *know* I was supposed to hear!

“I am very blessed this Christmas! I have a sister in town, & I am going to spend Christmas with her! I have a lot to be thankful for!”

Then, as he was leaving the restaurant, he walked by our table, & repeated to me what he had said to everyone else…..& added,

“We need to remember that JESUS is the reason we can even have Christmas! Without Jesus, there would be no Christmas! He came to save us from our sins!”

I looked him straight in the eye & said,

“You are SO right! Jesus is what Christmas is all about!”


What a blessing that little encounter was to me the other day! It helped put my mind back in the right place-Christmastime is so busy & hectic sometimes.


We need to remember that JESUS is the REASON for the SEASON. I know that is a cliché, but it is so true!!

From the third verse of “Hark the Herald Angels Sing.”

“Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings
Ris'n with healing in His wings
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark! The herald angels sing
‘Glory to the newborn King!’ ”

Have you had an experience that changes your perspective this Christmas?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...