"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, January 9, 2009

55 MPH-to a DEAD standstill........

Yeah, we just returned from the ER.

We were in a MAJOR car accident this afternoon.

The moment our van t-boned the white SUV keeps re-playing itself in my mind.

“Are we going to die?!?!”
I barely even had time to formulate that thought,
while SLAMMING on the breaks before we ran into the other vehical!

I ache all over!

My light was green & the other car ran a red light.

UGGG.

Sorry this post is a bit of a random stream of consciousness.

Ana had to call 911, because the impact knocked the wind out of me.

She was able to read the signs & tell the 911 operator what intersection we were at before she fell apart completely from being frightened.

I was soooo proud of my 7 year old, going on 25!

My friend Amy loaded up her three kids at home & got to the scene about 15 minutes after it happened. She & Dave (who arrived on the scene about 10 minutes later) transferred babies & car seats in the snow (that had just started to fall) & wind to her car & then transported us all to the ER, while Dave finished up with the tow truck & police.

I say again, “UGGGG!”

All 4 of us are ok although Ana & I have some major bruising.

The babies are also a bit bruised.
Ruth bit a small chunk out of her tongue
& Natty’s pacifier cut him somehow, but they are OK.

Dave is out getting narcotics for me as we speak!

I can’t get the MOMENT out of my head.

I am so thankful that the kids were in safe car seats.

Also, I am thankful I had a good friend so quickly at my disposal.
It brings tears to my eyes right now!

If I wasn’t a “car seat/seat belt Nazi” before, I sure am now!

One thing I want to remind all my blog readers is,
we are not guaranteed tomorrow!

Only the Lord spared our lives today-we could have been killed!


"Yet you do not know [the least thing] about what may happen tomorrow.
What is the nature of your life?
You are [really] but a wisp of vapor (a puff of smoke, a mist)
that is visible for a little while and then disappears [into thin air]."
James 4:14 (Amplified Bible)

24 comments:

Michelle said...

Kim, I am thanking God for protecting you and your Littles.

Hugs to you...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! I have been there done that with all four kids. Scary. Praying for your healing and peaceful sleep for all.

Tina said...

OMG!!!! I am so happy you are all okay. How incredibly scary. I am so proud of Ana, seriously that takes alot. I'm praying for relief in your pain (both physical and mental)and sleep. Although I think the narcotics will help with the last one.

Erin said...

Praise God that you are ok (mostly)! He is so faithful. I can only imagine how scared you were.

Working Through said...

I am so very glad everyone is safe!! Please remember to replace all the car seats in your vehicle, even if a child was not strapped into it. Alot of times your insurance company will pay for this. Give them a call, and REST !!!

It is a wonderful day, to have survived such a thing.

One Busy Momma said...

Wow! Sooo scary!!!!

Glad that you are all alright!!!!

Hoping the scrapes and bruises heal quickly!

Monica said...

Praising God that you are all safe and sound. What a scary experience! Praying for peace and speedy healing of all bruises.

Sarah said...

\0/ you lived to tell about it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim, I am so glad you are all OK. I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. That must have been so scary! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, this brings tears to my eyes. Will keep all of you in my prayers!! Thankful for Ana's grown-up actions!

Gentle (((hugs)))

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Kim just brought up my blog and saw your posting under blogs I follow!
So grateful you and the kiddo's are all fine. I've never been in an accident.....but seen Paula after a guy ran a red on her @ 9th 7 Kentucky / then another red lighter T boned Nathan at same intersection and if he had been 2 seconds earlier he would have been killed..he was very shaken up and went into shock at the hospital. His car was totaled.
Take care, rest and take the weekend off!
Love, Pam

Anna said...

Oh Kim...how awful!!! SO glad you're all ok!!! It sounds like it was a very nasty accident and am VERY thankful God was looking after you all!
And what a great job Ana did calling 911!!!

Praying for you all that you will be able to have peace right now!!

Take care my friend,

Anna

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the whole crew is physically okay; bruises will fade. Hugs to both you and Ana for staying calm as long you needed to.


I had a similar experience a while back....

With my cruise control on 70 (the speed limit), I had to quickly choose between the tractor trailer forcing me into the guardrail or performing a controlled crash myself.

So, eyes closed, I did a quick swerve onto the shoulder and jammed the brakes. The right side of the car absorbed the collision with the guardrail, so there was no deflection back into traffic. But even if I had ricocheted, there was no other traffic to bounce back into.

I took a deep breath, and while my mind may have been channeling my mouth-of-a-sailor uncle, the first word out of my mouth was "IDIOT!" (The worst part? I hadn't looked for a "How's my driving?" number.)


So even now, I'm a little leery being passed by tractor trailers.

Unknown said...

So glad you are ok! Where you close to home when it happened?

Andrea said...

Oh.My!!!

KIM!!!

You KNOW I understand the moments you've experienced...

AND the 'replaying' of the impact, the aftermath, and the injuries..

Sweet Friend...

I am SOOOOOOO thankful you are okay...

and what a miracle for Anna to be able to communicate in that amazing manor!!!

I'm speechless yet full of thanksgiving that you are all alive...

With Love...
Andrea

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks everyone for your prayers &
well-wishes!

We are so thankful to the Lord for the safety He provided!

Now, tomorrow, we will see how SORE we all are!

Katie said...

Oh you poor things .... Glad you are all okay

Anonymous said...

How AWFUL! I was not happy to read this post at all...major yucko! I praise God for keeping you in the midst of it. Ana...we are SO proud of your mature actions! Yes...you will be more sore in the next few days...our bodies work like that...and I've been there, done that. Get lots of rest and extra cuddles with your kiddos. This is a 'teachable moment' for Ana...as well as 'faith-growing' for all of us...may God get all the glory!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you're all ok, Kim!

(momofthreecuties on SL)

Missus Wookie said...

Sooo thankful you are all o.k. We've had one similar incident and it is amazing how long you can be shaken up so don't be surprised. Hope you all feel physically better quickly.

Angie's blog said...

WOW, so glad to hear that you are all okay. You guys went through a lot, and PTL that you are okay in spite of your injuries. It's so scary. Get some rest.

Kelly said...

How scary, Kim! You have one brave little girl! So glad you are all safe and sound, albeit bruised and frightened! Praise the Lord for protecting you and your babies! Get feeling better soon!

Mary Ann said...

Praise God you all were ok!

Luke Holzmann said...

May you all completely recover soon. I'm glad you all made it out of that.

~Luke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...