"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What did you do with all your Christmas Cards????

Ok…..I LOVE getting cards at Christmas!

I read each letter carefully &
look at each picture, especially if it is someone I don’t see very often!

I hang each one on the card hanger my wonderful mother in law got for me several Christmases ago……until that wall looks like a card making machine exploded on our wall-in a good way, but I literally counted at least 40!
I have even drawn Ana & Dave into the fun!

I find Ana several times throughout the season perusing the cards.

Dave looks forward to several of the more entertaining letters……
& asks each night if the mail contained anything he wants to see!

But, I just wonder…….what does everyone else DO with the cards along about
…..oh, January 6?!?!?


Kim…….who was drowning in cards/letters until a few days ago…….when in spite of the guilty feeling it gave her……threw most of the cards away (a few of your cards I saved, but I’ll never tell which ones!!! You can’t make me! Ha!! Ha!!!)

5 comments:

Tina said...

I'm pretty horrible...I throw them away after Greg and I both have read them. Yep they don't even make it through the Christmas season. Sad I know. Unless they area picture card, then I cut out the picture and hang it on the fridge until it is replaced by the new one net year. If you go over to Want What You Have...it's on my sidebar...she just did a post about what to do with all those cards.

Anonymous said...

Even tho I love getting cards... I throw them away, saving the photos from family. :)

Anonymous said...

Mother always did some kind of decorating with the cards -- I don't know exactly what -- but yeah, I'm gonna have to throw most of them away.

I always keep the Christmas letters, and stick the pictures on the fridge.

But one Christmas "card" I always anticipate is one from my college days in Morgantown.

I attended church with Stan, who runs a local tennis club, but also composes Christian children's music.

Every year, Stan sends me one (or like this year, two) Advent hymns he has written -- either words, music, or both.


PS: Pa Dillon told me that he always gets a kick out of my cards. So even if you didn't keep mine, I'll guess he did.

Unknown said...

I save birthday, wedding and honey cards. Christmas cards are not sentimental.
Paula

jenica said...

Don't feel bad! You can't keep everything.
I read the card/letter and put it straight into the trash.
Pics, I save and trim off all the borders, so I can fit them on my picture board until I get a replacement next Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...