"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, January 15, 2009

"His Eyes......are Always Upon Me.......His Eyes Never Close in Sleep."

"Sometimes His eyes were gentle and filled with laughter
And sometimes they cried
Sometimes there was a fire of Holy anger
In Jesus' eyes

But the eyes that saw hope in the hopeless
That saw through the fault to the need
Are the same eyes that look down from heaven
Into the deepest part of you and me

And His eyes are always upon us
His eyes never close in sleep
And no matter where you go
You will always be in His eyes
In His eyes

Sometimes His voice comes calling like rolling thunder
Or like driving rain
And sometimes His voice is quite and we start to wonder
If He knows our pain
But He who spoke peace to the water
Cares more for our hearts than the waves
And the voice that once said, "You're forgiven."
Still says, "You're forgiven", today
Today

Sometimes I look above me when stars are shining
And I feel so small
How could the God of heaven and all creation
Know I'm here at all
But then in the silence He whispers:"
My child, I created you too
and you're my most precious creation
I even gave my Son for you."

And His eyes are always upon you
His eyes never close in sleep
and no matter where you go
you will always be in His eyes
no matter where you go
you will always be in His eyes

Sometimes His eyes were gentle and filled with laughter"

This was one of my favorite Steven Curtis Chapman songs at one point in my life.

How funny that I now feel such a connection to him & his family-
which reminds me that we still should be praying for them.

Anyway….when I saw the theme at FFF for this week-EYES-the words to this song came from the depths of my mind…….& began to replay themselves. What a comfort to my soul these past few hours.

& while I know this wasn’t the intent of Sarah’s theme this week…..I did need reminding this week that My Father in Heaven always has His eyes on me & my family.

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him,
On those who hope in His mercy,
Psalm 33:18

Ruth's eyes speak volumes in this picture, don't they? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Here are some links for those of you who want to read our full story-& if you do,
will you please pray for our continued recovery! Thanks!!!)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOur children are sooo very gorgeous!!! How blessed we are!

Hugs,Leslie

Tina said...

I absolutely LOVE the look on Ruthie's face. That is just too much!

Anna said...

What great words in that song!!

And that pic of Ruthie glaring at Natty...made me giggle!! She looks so cross with him about something:)

And that last pic of Ana...she just looks angelic..so soft and sweet!

Take care my friend,
Anna

Anonymous said...

I love Steven Curtis Chapman as well! Great song!

Your kids are as cute as ever!

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Oh my that is one killer look on Ruthie's face. It screams " MINE"!!! Take Kim, were still praying for ya'all. Had email from your mom today...so glad she's back in circulation. Looking forward to seeing her Sunday.

Heidi said...

Thank you for your sweet post on my blog! When I saw the theme, eyes, I immediately thought of my family. I love how you obviously immediately thought of our Lord and Saviour. Precious post! Thanks for sharing

Targetshopper: said...

Thank you so much for your comment and prayers! You have a beautiful family and I will pray as you all recover physically and emotionally. Thank you for sharing these words and for the wonderful reminder!

vaneblu said...

Beautiful kids :)
I read your links and I am so sorry about the car incident, it broke my heart to hear your girl crying :( I can only imagine how you most feel, again sorry!
And I will be praying for emotional healing for all of you!

Lund7 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed reading yours although I'm sorry about your car accident. I always admire people who homeschool...wish I had...maybe with my last I will! Do you have a private blog as well?

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that this accident was causing Ruthie to hit the bottle. She seems to be a mean drunk.

Kim & Dave said...

Ok....Brad-that made me laugh!

Stacey and Dewey said...

Cute cute pics!! I'm way behind on blogging, I'm so sorry to hear about all you have gone through. Your family is in my prayers.
Hugs
Stacey

Mama Bear said...

Very cute, LOVE that picture of RUTH!!! Made me truly chuckle!!! Happy weekend.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the look on Ruthie's face!
Paula

Rachel said...

I have been a little behind on blogs - just read your story! So glad you're all okay - praying right now for you!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks for praying, Rachel!

(I imagine you know where that picture of Ruth was taken, too, don't you!)

Rachel said...

oh yes, good ol' thrbc!

Kim & Dave said...

:-)

Robyn said...

Too cute!!

Christina said...

You have a beautiful family!! Congrats on the warm weather in CO! We have had a turn and its raining now in CA- knew it wouldn't last! LOL Ruthie's eyes say it all in her picture! I love it! So sorry to hear about your accident! :( have a great weekend!
Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...