"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, March 14, 2008

Busy Girl.......

In a matter of less than 24 hours, here is what Ruth has managed to accomplish:


~Kicked her tray of cheerios off the table while daddy was trying to put her in her chair

~Pulled the mop out of storage down on her head

~Drove her car on a book (a nice one), on the nasty, dirty dustpan, & on the open dishwasher door (while trying to climb IN the dishwasher)


~Smacked one or the other of her siblings on the head

~Picked up the kitchen trash (almost as big as she is) & tried to move it-who knows where or why, but after she moved it a few feet, she started pointing at it and happily babbling at it!


The whole time, I was watching her holding a screaming, inconsolable 7 mo old, & just PRAYING all the trash would stay IN the trash can!!!



~Tried to open Daddy’s Tums box w/ a pair of MONSTER scissors.


“Where,” you may well ask, “did she get either one of those items?”


I have NO EARTHLY IDEA……well, I guess it is safe to say, my house is far from immaculate, but……still…..I don’t THINK I left those things in her reach!!!!..


(the elements of the crime!!!)



~Found her w/ her carrying big glass of water that HAD been on the table. The chairs were all pushed in & that time, I KNOW the glass was too far for her to reach. Ana was outside, so I still have no earthly idea how she got her cute little paws on that one!!!!

~Took all the coats off of her & Ana’s coat rack, & SCREAMED at us until we put one on her. Were we going anywhere? NOPE! She just had to have it on. Inside. Well, I guess that’s a GIRL for ya!

~Finally, last night, I went into Natty’s room to plant a kiss on his soft little cheek, & promptly tripped on a toy I didn’t see. Why? I discovered the nightlight has gone AWOL. Yep. And do you know what is right next to the outlet?
The diaper trash.
Yeah, that's right......
Hmmmmm……I bet that nightlight is not coming back anytime soon-because before I remembered my suspicion this morning, I RAN the diaper trash out to the curb-in my bare feet. In the snow. Yeah……this is the CRAZIEST my life has EVER been!!! But also, the most rewarding & fun!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh……& while this wasn’t from yesterday, it was from the day before:

While I was vacuuming, I suddenly lost power. You guessed it! She unplugged the vacuum while my back was turned. I ran over to take the plug from her, but before I could reach her, she returned it to it’s intended position-in the outlet!

The vacuum TOOK OFF!!! Flew across the floor into the wall. I sat down on the floor w/ her & laughed! Oh……life is NEVER boring w KIDS around!!!

Oh……..& one more thing (I know-I already said that at least once, but, please, give me a break-this child is funny!)

Right now, her favorite thing to say is, “Shh!!!! Shh!!! Shh!!!” She says it to Natty when he cries, airplanes she hears, the wind rattling doors…….finger over her lips.

CRACKS US UP!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Finally, she (along w/ the other two) have acomplished making their parents smile nearly every moment of the day.



These treasures from our Father-I am being reminded never to resent them.

No, not even their "busy" ways.

Or when they are sick-like two of them today.

Isn't this what I have always wanted?




Yes.......& I will try to take whatever comes my way.....as part of MY training.

And use LIFE to teach us all.


(Taking sick baby boy to the dr. today. Also, Ana threw up-big-time- this morning.)


9 comments:

Jules said...

Wow Ruthie!! Way to keep your mommy hopping but you did make the blog this way. ;)

Hope Natty is better soon!

Kim & Dave said...

Yep.....her own moment in the sun as it were......

Anna said...

Hi Kim,

Great to see you're home and getting back into a rather hectic but 'normal life'. Little Natty is just adorable...

Really can relate to your post tonight. My just turned 2 yo sounds quite like your Ruthie...very curious and into EVERYTHING!! It comforts me in a crazy sort of way to know I'm not the only one who is going through this as it really can be hard at times.

Life sounds like its non-stop action for you...really hope Natty and Ana are better soon.

Really appreciated what you said at the end of your post about not resenting our children's busy ways and how we are in training too by caring for them. Thanks for that!

Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Anna-you are so welcome! Just glad God could use my words to encourage another.

I had just been reminded that God has given me these precious gifts, & therefore, the things they do, should not be seen as frustrations, but rather, God-ordained training tools for me.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come back again soon!

Anonymous said...

Ruth sounds a lot like my Abigail. Never boring around her, is it? Sometimes it gets so frustrating, but other time you just have to laugh at whatever scrape they have gotten into.

I hope Natty and Ana are feeling better this morning.

Jess said...

Wow--it wasn't that long ago that was me with our now 3yo. Thanks for reminding me how much easier it is now! ;) Congrats on getting Natty home!

~Jess

Kim & Dave said...

Emily-Ana had a big bout w/ dirreah & Natty's fever seems to have finally broken-for now!

Jess-thanks for the congrats!!

demp5 said...

You are one busy momma!! I got tired just reading about your day, but I had a great big smile on my face. I am so glad that you can laugh along the way! Praying that y'all get healthy.
Meghan

Kim & Dave said...

Meghan-I guess "busy" kind of goes w the territory when the babies are 13 mo apart!!

:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...