"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oh, my heavens!!! How WILL I eat that???? Revisited......

ORANGE BANNANA CREAM PIE


In her attempt to take over Rachel Ray's job, Ana has begun to cook!


Acting beyond her years (again), she decided I needed a special dessert,

while I was putting Natty to bed.


Her eyes shining as she saw me at the top of the stairs, she informed me,

“I made you a special dessert, Mom, because I love you so much!”

Two thoughts cross my mind in an instant:

1. “Oh, dear…..here we go again!”

&

2. “How DID I end up w/ such a thoughtful child?”
Pink Sweet Heart

(she must take after her dad!)



Another cooking experiment.
Place Setting
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may remember one of her first experiments.



With some trepidation, I sat down to partake!




A few bites into it, I noticed the brown sprinkles in the bowl of milk, oranges, & bananas.

I think to myself, “I sure hope that’s cinnamon!”

I braved the possible answer & asked her………Whew…..the answer was “yes.”

Ok…..then..

I can eat it.

Oh, wait…..after a few bites, she goes, “I even put a secret ingredient!”

WHAT?!?!?

Are you KIDDING me?


Do you see #5?



Oh, parenting is full of surprises!



Now, comes the fun part!

Can you guess what the “SECRET INGREDIENT” was?

Post your answers & next week, I'll let you know!



18 comments:

Tina said...

KNowing you and how sweet that Anna is (and studying the picture closely) I'd say the secret ingredient was love. Everything should be made with Love.

Kim & Dave said...

Good guess, Tina, but I'm afraid there was more!

Paula said...

Well since you didn't know after the first bite and you can't see it...I'm gonna guess SUGAR.

Jules said...

Ut-oh....

DH put Worchester (sp?) sauce in the scrambled eggs he made for the kids once. I hope your dd didn't find that...

Did she try salt & pepper?

I'm pretty sure she didn't try the restaurant trick of.... spit.... but oh so scared for you at the same time!

Anonymous said...

Judging by the dish on the table -- and who's to say if that's even a clue -- I'm going to say butter.

Although that means she either used a knife or the microwave to divide the butter. Perhaps a spoon...?

Brad in WV

Kim & Dave said...

Good guesses, all!

But......no.

Keep trying!! :-)

Unknown said...

Honey?

Kim & Dave said...

Sorry, no, Paula!

Thanks for guessing, though!

Unknown said...

Please tell me it was not the formula!!

Kim & Dave said...

Oh, icky, Paula!

No! (& I'm so thankful it wasn't!)

Unknown said...

Well, if it was, you could always be thankful it was'nt breast milk LOL!

Tina said...

Hey there...what was the answer and where have you been hiding? I need pictures of those adorable children! Talk to you soon, hope everything is going good. much Love!

Kim & Dave said...

Dave got home Sunday night.....& we have just been, well,.....re-adjusting, as he has been gone for two weeks.

Has taken some time, since he left two weeks after we got home from GT, so really, we are just now adjusting to life as a family of five. :-)

Today will be my "Wordless Wednesday" post & the answer to Saturday's post!

Anna said...

Hi Kim,
Can't help but have a go...is it a kiss, or maybe a hug as the secret ingredient????

Wonderful to hear that Dave is back home with you all again. I'm sure you're relieved.

Anna

Kim & Dave said...

No, Anna. Thanks for the guess, though!

Today's the day....I'll let you all know later!

Anna said...

Ok one more and then I must go to bed...is it a smile????

Am very curious now to know. Glad you're going to put us out of our misery today (hehe)!

Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Nope, Anna!

;-)

Jules said...

Crackers?

TG, it wasn't formula! ~whew!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...