"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, March 10, 2008

Home, Sweet Home...........

Home.

I wonder what this means for Natty?

In his short little life, he has already had 3 mommys, & the other two have had the privilege of “holding” him longer than me (so far-but, before we know it, the time will fly by & he will have been w/ us longer than either one of them-just like it did w/ Ruthie)

Does home for Natty mean:

HeartsLove?Hearts

Baby BottleFood?Baby Bottle

Kisses?

Hugs?



Hugs And Kisses

CribWarm, dry bed & clothing? Shirt 3
(ok, I know it looks as if the sling is OVER his mouth, but I promise, it's not!!)
Hearing Spanish?Hola

Hearing English?Hello

Wouldn’t you love to get into a baby’s head to see what they’re really thinking?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natty is slowly but surely beginning to settle into his new family life.

He is being held A LOT!!!
By Daddy, Mommy, big sister Ana & I even caught Ruthie trying to pick him up this morning!

He is recovering from his ear infection & horrible diaper rash, & his demeanor is becoming more & more clear.
He seems to be very mellow, serious baby, who loves to wiggle.


He made his debut at church yesterday, where his Daddy introduced him (& read the story out of John about Nathanael, Jesus’ disciple, in whom there was no guile) , & prayed for his salvation & spiritual growth, & for wisdom as we raise him.

On the legal front, we began the process if getting him a social security number today.


Please pray for both Mama Anna & the rest of the foster family, as I’m sure their arms are aching from emptiness, & they have generously given our family a total of over a year of their lives. Oh, how we thank God for all the love they showered on both of our kids, & the willingness they had to take our children, knowing they would have to say a painful goodby one day.

Thank-you to our WONDERFUL foster family! There are no words for this gift of love you have given our children.

Also, please pray for the kids’ biological mother, who knows they are w/ the same family (but little else), & it has given her peace, (according to some info we have), but I’m sure she still has had a hard time saying goodby, as well. Thank-you for the indescribable gift of Ruth & Nathaniel!


Oh, it is GOOD to be home!!!
Arms & hearts are full!!
Full w/ love for our family (here & those in GT who will always be a part of our family),
but mostly full w/ love for our heavenly Father, who has made this whole adventure that is our life possible!

10 comments:

Tina said...

He's a total cutie!

Anonymous said...

oh phew oh phew oh phew!!

I could not have waited a SECOND longer to see these pics!!!

They are WONDERFUL!

Kim, you have SUCH a happy and fulfilled look on your face in each and every one of them....

Adoption is amazing....

Andrea
ww.cockrumfamily.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Wonderful! Love the pix of watching TV with Dad. Never too early!

I'm so happy for you!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Tina!!!

Andrea-I am SO fulfilled, despite my disasterous house!!!

What a privilage to be not only adopted into God's family, but also to catch a glimpe of it here on earth, huh??!!!

Joyce-that is one of my favorites, too!!!

jenica said...

I know chaos is probably at an all time high. But even still, what a peaceful feeling that must be to be all home.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing pictures of Natty home at last!! Congrats!!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks for the congrats, Jenica & Emily!

Candy said...

OH GIRL CONGRATS on being home....LOVE THE PICS and Can't wait to see your FAMILY BLOOM AT HOME!

Paula said...

OH how wonderful it must be to have your family together! Your thoughtful words & pictures are bringing tears to my eyes.

Kim & Dave said...

thank-you Candy & Paula!

Candy-was great to see your good news!!

Jagger is coming home!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...