"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne



Since Ana was a baby, each night, she has listened to this CD:




When we were preparing for Ruth's visit trip, on a whim, I recorded some of it on tape, as we were bringing a tape recorder/tapes w/ our voices on them.



I know our foster mother played it for her, & I'm assuming for Natty as well, as right away, the music seemed to soothe him.



Right now, I am holding a sick baby boy (yes, again, the day after his antibiotic was gone) on my chest, while the music plays on the laptop.



Typical, for Michael Card, though, the lyrics are far from childish.



"Let me tell you of a man


Who was before the world began


Who loves you more than anyone can


Known by the name of Jesus



He was born a babe like you


And every word He spoke is true


I pray you'll come to know Him too


And live your life for Jesus



If He could cause the storm to clear,


He'll calm the tempest of your tears


If He could cause the dead to rise


At dawn He'll open up your eyes



So rest your weary head tonight


And dream of Him who is the Life


And wake up to His world of light


And sing the name of Jesus."




The Bible makes it clear in John 1, that Jesus has always exsisted.


Throughout the book of John, as well as in 3rd John, toward the end of God's Word, His love for mankind is made perfectly clear.



"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life.


No one comes to the Father except through Me.' "


John 14:6


Clearly, Jesus is claiming to be TRUTH.




He, Himself has calmed the tempests of our tears in our lives, over & over again.




Our prayer for for each of our children, is that as adults, they will gratefully sing the praises of Jesus.



If you have kids, may I suggest RUN, don't WALK to get your hands on a copy of this CD!



Natty, sleeping to the music of this priceless CD!


2 comments:

mary grace said...

Precious!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks!

Hope things continue to go well at your house!!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...