"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

Late tonight......but here are words from a hymn that has been a big encouragement to me:



A Christian Home

Barbara B. Hart, 1916
(Can be sung to the tune of "Be Still, My Soul")

O give us homes built firm upon the Savior,
Where Christ is Head and Counselor and Guide;

Where ev'ry child is taught His love and favor
And gives his heart to Christ, the crucified:

How sweet to know that tho his footsteps waver
His faithful Lord is walking by his side!






O give us homes with godly fathers, mothers,
Who always place their hope and trust in Him;


Whose tender patience turmoil never bothers,
Whose calm and courage trouble cannot dim;

A home where each finds joy in serving others,
And love still shines, tho days be dark and grim.



O give us homes where Christ is Lord and Master,
The Bible read, the precious hymns still sung;


Where pray'r comes first in peace or in disaster,
And praise is natural speech to ev'ry tongue;

Where mountains move before a faith that's vaster,
And Christ sufficient is for old and young.





O Lord, our God, our homes are Thine forever!
We trust to Thee their problems, toil, and care;


Their bonds of love no enemy can sever
If Thou art always Lord and Master there:


Be Thou the center of our least endeavor
Be Thou our Guest, our hearts and homes to share.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




The second verse particularly came to mind tonight.




I am now the parent.




It's now our job to be godly, hopeful, patient, calm & couragous & all things things we are so fortunate to have seen in my parents, & Dave in his parents!







Thanks, Dad & Mom Harvey & Dillon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...