"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, March 8, 2008

In Honor Of...........


My sister Shannon, who sacrificed a BUNCH to come to Guatemala with us…….

These photos from our trip will all have her in them!


(I have wanted to write this blog entry for a while,
but either Blogger or children Happy would not cooperate!!!)


Thanks for:


~Getting up SO EARLY in the morning to head to the airport.

~Holding a SCREAMING baby on the plane on the way down to GT.

~Keeping Ana w/ you in your room at the hotel every night.

~Taking Ana swimming, out to dinner & just generally helping Ana feel special

~When things got frustrating (mostly w/ legal stuff), you were a calm head talking to me!

~Having a person there the girls are both comfortable w/ really helped w/ both of them.

~Enjoying the country, language & culture of Guatemala w/ our family. You have no idea how much that means to me to look back on.

~Just being a constant source of support, love & encouragement, as well as a person to bounce ideas off w/ the new baby, means more to me than I can ever express!!!!


1 Corinthians 13: 4 & 7

4Love endures long and is patient and kind;
7Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything without weakening.

Boy, did you demonstrate this to our family!

Thank-you, once again, Shannon for all the sacrifices you made to go w/ us! We love you & are SO GLAD you came!!! You’re the best!!!

At DIA, bright & early in the morning!!!


Waiting for the Marriott shuttle at the airport in GT.
Shannon w/ the foster daughter, who is 20 yrs old.
We went out to dinner w/ them the night they dropped off Natty.

Shannon, w/ the foster family & Ana.
Outside the church we visited Sunday.
It is the building in the background, that says, "Asamblea Cristiana" at the top.

"Sisters, sisters........there were never such exhasted sisters!!!!"

Helping Ruthie eat her "helado" at Pollo Campero.


At the hotel, after our Embassy appointment.


The previous 2 pictures were taken at the Relief Map.

It is a huge thing-& gives you good idea of the layout of the country.

At our lawyers for lunch.

The previous 3 pics were taken in Antigua,

at the coffee plantation our friend Jose took us on a tour of.

And, in closing........the plane ride from GT to Houston.


Thank You

A million times over!!!!!

3 comments:

Jules said...

I've thought several times how wonderful it was that Kim had you to travel with her and help out. What a blessing you have been to their family! Thank you from one of Kim's friends. :)

jenica said...

That is quite the sister you have!

Kim & Dave said...

I agree, Jenica!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...