"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Monster Off Her Back......(& A Ruthie update)


OK……FINALLY!!!!

We have conquered the monster!

The monster of fear!
Scared 2
The fear of blood & pain……

No Pain No Gain
& yes, the fear of speed.
Runner

Do you wonder what I’m talking about?

(Well, even if you don’t….you’re still reading this….
so you MUST be a tiny bit interested, right? wink)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Well....here you go!
Yep….we now have an official BIKE RIDER!!!

I remember hour after hour riding the circle of my cul-d-sac as a kid….no matter the weather.

What fun it is, to see her out in ours…..circling round & round & round again!

(Almost a commentary on the “circles of life," huh?)





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, Ruthie…..

She still isn’t putting any weight on her foot.

Masterfully, though, she hobbles around on one foot & the heel of her injured foot.

But, her NEW preferred method of moving around is a weird sort of hopping on both knees. (actually, she REALLY wants me to carry her everywhere, but alas…that is not to be-with an almost one year old in the house!) I wanted to bet a better video than this, but you’ll get the idea! Super cute, but…..oh, do I feel sorry for her!


I know her eyes are closed,
but it's the only non-moving pic I could get!
She is ON THE GO, in spite of her injury!


Please keep praying for her!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Congrats ANA!!!! And I am still praying for that sweet little girl. Hey when do you all leave for camp? We should really work out some details soon so I can sneak a quick visit in with you guys. :)

Anna said...

Ana is doing so well on her bike...it's a great video of her.

And poor Ruthie...will continue to pray for healing for her foot. She is quite resourceful getting round that way isn't she?

Take care,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Tina-We leave for camp a week from tomorrow!!! YIKES!

(I haven't packed AT ALL!!!)

I was thinking the other day we need to set something up too.

I'll shoot you an e-mail later today!

Anna-Thanks for your prayers!

Jules said...

Woo Hoo Ana!!!

Still praying for Ruthie and all!

Stacey and Dewey said...

Woo hoo Ana!!! I spent all summer on my bike riding everywhere when I was a kid. They really are so of the best childhood memories!!

I'm glad Ruthie is mobile, wow what a little trooper.
Have a great week
Stacey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...