"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, July 14, 2008

One Thing About Life Is.......

Posting plans sometimes change to PSA’s (Public Service Announcements)

I had several topics I was batting around for the day,
but I ended up having to share this with you.

OK.....so I took my kids to the park today. Pleasant 75 degrees outside in the shade. Probably 80 in the sun. I let Ruthie go barefoot.....cause I just like to let them do that. As she made her way to the playground with her older & responsible cousins/Ana, I thought I had nothing to worry about. The playground was completely visible, & close by.

The SHRIEKING from the playground soon proved me wrong!

This is what I discovered the problem to be:

Mega blisters on Ruthie's feet.

The soft stuff at the bottom of the slide burned her feet!!!!!

PSA: Have kids wear shoes on the playground....
as we discovered-there CAN be HOT SPOTS!!!

PS: To top it off, Ana cut her foot at the park as well.
PSS…..off to the Dr. in a few minutes.

Tune in later to hear what they told us to do!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Dr. said the burn didn’t look too bad (but it is 2nd degree), & sent us home with a bandaged & medicated foot, (& best of all, more cream to put on the burn so we didn’t have to pay for a prescription!!!!)

The instructions are to keep her off of it for a few days until it starts to heal….shouldn’t be too much of a problem-she cries every time it touches the ground!!!!

Pray it heals quick-she is pretty sad about not being able to MOVE!!!
(& I’m not sure how my back will do carrying two babies around all the time! Ha! Ha!!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can offer my own PSA:

Watch where you're going (see paragraphs 3-5)

Stacey and Dewey said...

OUCH!!! Poor Ruthie. Who would ever think that would happen at a play ground? I hope she's starting to feel better....

Stacey

Anna said...

Ouch!!! That looks SO sore for poor Ruthie and that stuff must really hold heat for it to burn so much. Wow you wouldn't expect that to happen would you!

And that post about the SCC concert- that brought tears to my eyes reading that. It must just be SO hard for them all, I can't even imagine and will definitely pray for them.

Hope Ruthie and Ana are both ok soon.
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Ha!! Ha!!! Brad!

Stacey-I know, CRAZY, huh?

Anna-just is SO sad, isn't it? Thanks for praying with me!

Jill said...

Poor thing! Who knew! I am happy she is on the mend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...