"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne (OK.....& a few fun pics, too!)

In shady, green pastures,
so rich and so sweet,
God leads His dear children along;
Where the water’s cool flow bathes the weary one’s feet,
God leads His dear children along.

Sometimes on the mount where the sun shines so bright,
God leads His dear children along;
Sometimes in the valley, in darkest of night,
God leads His dear children along.

Though sorrows befall us and Satan oppose,
God leads His dear children along;
Through grace we can conquer, defeat all our foes,
God leads His dear children along.

Away from the mire, and away from the clay,
God leads His dear children along;
Away up in glory, eternity’s day,
God leads His dear children along.


Refrain:
Some through the waters,
some through the flood,
Some through the fire,
but all through the blood;
Some through great sorrow,
but God gives a song,
In the night season and all the day long.

While reading the words to this hymn…..
the sound of Grandpa’s voice singing it is forever etched in my mind.
What a privilege to have such a heritage!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The look on Ana's face is priceless, wouldn't you agree?
We ate lunch outside today, after the girls swam for an hour or so.
As they kept warm on the concrete together,
Ana said something that warmed my heart.

“Mom, I’m so glad I have a brother & a sister now.
I was always SO bored playing by myself in the pool!”

Yeah….right…..

Ana is never bored when she’s alone,
cause she talks to herself! (Ha!! Ha!!!)

But,…..she WAS having a ball with her brother & sister today……
& I can’t tell you the number of times she told me BEFORE Ruthie came home,
that she wanted a sister to play with all the time!
Desire fulfilled!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Precious ... those words of Ana. :)

K's past roomie talked to her sister nearly every day. DD wished for that....

Kim & Dave said...

Yep! She makes me smile!

Jodi said...

That is really sweet that she feels so blessed! Looks like they're having so much fun!

Unknown said...

I love the look on your daughters face!

Thanks for leaving a comment for me on my blog!

Anna said...

Love the hymn Kim and those pics are great. Lots of fun. It is so wonderful to hear how happy Ana is to have her brother and sister now. SO special. I know I feel that way about our 2 girls as Sarah just loves her younger sister and they play well together most of the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...