"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

Psalm 104:5-7 & 9

5 You who laid the foundations of the earth,
So that it should not be moved forever,
6 You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
The waters stood above the mountains.
7 At Your rebuke they fled;
At the voice of Your thunder they hastened away.

9 You have set a boundary that they may not pass over,
That they may not return to cover the earth.
Rainbow 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was so encouraging to me this morning.

If we think of floods as a picture of trials……

I suddenly saw that God,
who knows the end from the beginning & is above time & space…..
knows EXACTLY how far to let trials continue.
Just long enough to train us, & not overwhelm us.

This morning, I saw (for example) that from the beginning of time,
He knew all the trials He would allow in my life,
& He knew HOW LONG HE WOULD ALLOW THEM TO GO ON!!!

Do you get it?
He KNEW the exact MOMENT our trials of waiting would end.

He knew from the before time began, that on April 5th, 2001,
the trial of labor would end,
& I would hold the child I birthed in my arms for the first time.

He knew I would bring home my NEW baby girl January 9, 2007.

& He knew we would get the phone call telling us to get ready to go get our son,
on January 17, 2008.

Wow! The trials of waiting……..have a boundary, an end-that HE ordains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From the hymn: “Have Faith in God”

Darkest night will always come before the dawning,
Silver linings shine on God’s side of the cloud:
All your journey He has promised to be with you,
Naught has come to you but what His love allowed…

Refrain:
Have faith in God,… The sun will shine
Tho’ dark the cloud,… may be today…
His heart hath planned… your path and mine:…
Have faith in God,… Have faith alway…
Flowers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...