"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, July 21, 2008

Scenic Saturday......

"Come on, ease on down,
ease on down the road
Come on, ease on down,
ease on down the road
Don't you carry nothing
That might be a load
Come on, ease on down,
ease on down,
down the road."

On Saturday….I caught a bug.

I catch it every summer…

I call it my “Must head West” bug!
(best satiated by a camping trip….
but, alas, this weekend, it was not to be.)
Camp Fire
The days are long & hot…..

The coolness of the mountains begin to call.

I know this will be waiting for me,
less than an hour’s drive away:
Yes, that was how we spent our afternoon on Saturday.
(We LOVE visitors, too!)

“America the Beautiful”
O beautiful, for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!

O beautiful, for pilgrim feet
Whose stern, impassioned stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!

O beautiful, for heroes proved
In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!

O beautiful, for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years,
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears!

Refrain:

America! America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood,
from sea to shining sea!

written by Katherine Lee Bates,
during a trip to Colorado Springs

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does David still bike? Or is he still spooked from his mountain-biking accident?

Tina said...

Pretty!! Makes me want to come visit. If only I had some money. :)

Kim & Dave said...

I dunna know, Brad. Dave, are you still spooked? ;-)

Tina-yeah.....gas prices are enough to make us all HAVE to stay put, except for the necesities, huh? Thanks goodness we can have a short visit in a week or so!

jenica said...

I didn't realize she wrote this song on a trip to in CO Spgs.

And the smell of those pine trees begin to call...

Anna said...

Kim,
Hoping you get to go there soon and 'cool down'. Looks so beautiful. Its funny me writing this feeling quite cool here in our winter and longing for summer!!

Hope Ruthies foot is getting better too.

Take care,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Isn't that cool, Jenica?

Anna-Ruthie's foot is much better. She is VERY hesitant to step anywhere hot w/out shoes, though, which is a good thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...