"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, July 18, 2008

Power Play?

So…..a few weeks ago, on my way home from Kansas…..
I saw something that made me a bit sad.

Sad….& impressed & humbled.

Now, you all may be thinking I’m a bit crazy when I tell you what made feel that way.

Mile after mile……of this:
Sad……because I love western Kansas

There. I said it.

You have full permission to let me know how crazy you think I am!
But, there is just something about that open space-
makes me feel like NOTHING can fence me in…..
& I was just a bit sad to see it “damaged.”

Impressed…..because people created & built those MONSTROUS things!

Finally, I was humbled.
Humbled because God gave mankind the knowledge to know HOW to build such incredible things! Why would He do something like that?

(I was guessing each one was at least 100 ft tall,

but I was kind of far away….& flying down the road at 75 MPH!)

What do you think of wind power?

(&, what do you think of my confession? Hee!! Hee!!!)

OK….& just a few pics taken on my NEW camera!




Ana's newest passtime.

Finally!
A picture where she's smiling AND looking at the camera.
Wonders never cease!
I know he looks so forlorn in this picture,
but he really was clapping & laughing at the girls-
until I grabbed the camera!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Great pics!!

Robyn

Jodi said...

It is amazing isn't it? I love the wide open spaces too. The pictures look great. Isn't it amazing how He gives us all we ever need?

Kim & Dave said...

Yep....those things are so cool-no matter what you think of the visual impact!

God is SO GOOD to us, isn't He?

Anonymous said...

While I was out in KS for your wedding, I felt so exposed -- no mountains to protect me. (See this scene from North By Northwest to understand where I'm coming from.)

We stash our wind farms on the ridgetops in the eastern mountains. Not everybody likes them though....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...