"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, November 7, 2009

Well, to all of you who participated in my little guessing game on Monday……thanks!!!

Here’s a look back!

Several of you were very close-

But #1…….we went sledding up at my sister’s house-
& yes, I broke a nail-because, I, Kim Dillon, for the first time I can remember, went down the hill on a sled.

It was much more fun than I thought it would be
(especially since I was riding down the hill on a sled with Ana).


(Ana going down by herself……I promise I was on the back of that sled a few times-I have the broken nail to prove it!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

& #2: A few of you hit this one out of the park.

Yes, Dave & I have started to realize we are outgrowing our house……..we are far from “ready to move,” but we have looked at several houses on line, & we have begun to think about what we might be able to afford.

Mostly, we would like to be able to host bigger groups of people, & be able to have a place for overnight guests.

Also, I must confess-a dream of mine is to have a separate school room, with a door I can close.

In two years, (yikes!!!!) we will have another homeschooler, & right now, we have nowhere to put another desk!


The one problem with looking at houses online-is it produces some discontent in my heart for what the Lord has graciously provided right now in our lives.

So…….when I read this in my Bible reading this morning……….

“Unless the LORD builds a house,
the work of the builders is wasted.”
Psalm 127:1


……….I knew the LORD was reminding me to be content to wait on His perfect timing & provision. (I know the verse doesn’t SPECIFICCALY state that-but, we should be willing to wait while the Lord PREPARES our new house-gets the current owners out of it, & gets us into it!)



After the long waits we have had with two international adoptions, I think it will be interesting to see how the Lord works on my heart with this wait!

(I doubt ANYTHING will compare to THAT wait!!!)

3 comments:

Tina said...

I hope when the time is right, you find the perfect house for you beautiful family. And I think the school room is an awesome idea!

Anonymous said...

my kids love sleding..sometimes i do to but its getting harder the older i get!!! lol

Sarah said...

When God moved us to sell our house 2 years ago, we were unsure to say the least. We had long since outgrown it size wise. We just were uneasy about the payment on a larger house. Once we followed His lead and placed it on the market we had a contract signed and 2 back up buyers within 24 hours! God's timing was perfect for us and I know it will be for you as well. God's blessings on your sweet family! Sarah :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...