"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, November 28, 2007

NEW PHOTOS......and a bit of thinking out loud......

Poor Mama Anna. Not the best picture of her. BUT......such a sweet lady! I also thought this short sleaved outfit was a bit un-usual-for two reasons: 1. Guatemalans are ALWAYS worried about babies getting too cold. 2. What is that thing on the shirt? :)
Much better!!! MAN, is he ever cute!!
She is such a thoughtful Foster Mother.....laying him so carefully on the blanket my mom sent down for him. This is his "special blanket."
Oh, those eyes!!!
Can't wait to go & bring you home!!!
Also, we always get a medical update w/ the new pics. They told us he weighs 12 lbs, which I do not believe. I was just there two weeks ago, & I know there is NO WAY he could have gained that much in such a short time!!! Their scale must be off. But, still, everything else looks fine, so really that's not a big deal to me! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday, I was puttering around, doing some things that need doing-school, laundry etc.,when the phone rang…..


Someone at our agency!!!!! For those who have adopted, you probably understand the gammet of emotion this produces. For those of you who haven't I'll try & explain it a bit! :)


This is a bit nerve –racking when you are about 1/2way through this average 8 week review of your case, for several reasons:


1. It is always your agency that calls to tell you, “Congratulations! Your case has been approved. Your baby is now legally yours.”


2. When we have seen others get out of PGN in less than 4 weeks, it adds a bit more STRESS before you push that “Answer” button.


3. This part is always very subjective. She could be calling to tell us, “They kicked your case out for…..” This actually happens quite a bit. IF it happens, you get to fix whatever problem they find, & your case goes back in, BUT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PILE!!!!! AURGGG


4. As soon as you see that number on caller ID, the thought crosses your mind like lightening-“GOOD news or BAD news????”




Anyway, turns out it was neither. She just had a few logistics to check w/ us on!!! STRESS for nothing!!


But, it reminded me again not to worry. And this morning, I was reminded that worrying does me NO GOOD!!! He cares about all these details, & He has the right time planned for Nathaniel’s homecoming!

Reading in 1 Peter 5 this morning, I was reminded that He loves/cares for Nathaniel more than even I do.

God was saying to me, “Let go (again), & let ME handle it!”


“Casting all your care upon Him; for He cares for you.”
1 Peter 5:7


All for now, but check back later today, as I may be able to squeeze in another post w/ pics of the girls!

3 comments:

Candy said...

Love the new Pics...My son weighs 12lbs at 2 months...4 weeks down thats awesome..Hugs

Anonymous said...

Praying for your quick release from PGN!!!!!!

Luvs to ya Kim & familia...

Andrea plus 6

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Andrea! :-)

I'm already thinking everytime the phone rings, "Is this *the* call?"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...