"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, November 17, 2007


!No hay palabras para este día¡

There are no words for today!

So, first pictures:

Volcán de Fuego, Volcano of fire, spewing this morning!

The only family pic we got this week.

Ana con Tomas-another friend of hers from last year.

Mama Ana picking up Natty!



Having already done this once….(given our precious child back to the foster mother) you would think it would get easier……but….no…..today was JUST HARD!!!


Especially hard on Ana…..who doesn’t really understand EVERYTHING about this legal process we are in….


“Ella lloré mucho,” as they say in Espanol.


VERY hard on her. I think she did not understand that there is no reason to think he won’t be ours in a few short months. Until we had told her MANY times that Guatemala is one small step from letting us take him home, she sobbed uncontrollably.


This did NOT help Daddy & Mommy…..makes me wish we could foster here as well. He was just starting to get used to us…..:-(


Anyway, here I ramble on trying to describe something indescribable in it’s pain…….


Please pray for us tonight & in the many long days of waiting we have ahead of us!!!



°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°


Other than that….today was, another busy day w/ three!!!


~Ruth now has the same sickies Ana had, but no throwing up, PTL!!!


~Had to walk to the store & buy more diapers/wipes as a result


~Spent time in the baby lounge when I got back w/ the two babies. Daddy had Ana in the pool.


~Saw our lawyer in the lobby on my way back to the room. She needed us to sign another paper. Never heard from her that she was here, but there she was…..JUST LIKE EVERYTHING IN GUATEMALA!!!


~She then told us she would like to take us to see another hotel to see it (so we can possibly stay there on our pick up trip)


~After that, she drove us past the hospital where Nat was born.


~When we got back to the hotel, our foster mom was already here.


No time for me to emotionally prepare…..


No time for me to pack him up w/ tender loving care. Makes me sad to even think about now. Choking up! Please pray!!!


Finally, we ended our night w/ good byes, tears, a trip to McDonalds, fireworks for the lighting of the Gallo Christmas tree (for those of you familiar w/ Guatemala at Christmastime-you know what I mean), a swimm for Ana & bed for the kiddos.


We leave the hotel at 5:30 tomorrow morning.


You may ask, “Was the trip worth the pain of the goodbye?” YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!


The Lord has been so faithful, & I KNOW He will continue to sustain us!


Wait on the Lord:
be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the Lord!

Psalm 27:14

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't imagine! Praying for you!

Tina said...

Hey guys, you KNOW I understand. I too thought it would be easier this time knowing what I know and BTDTB, but it was just as painful if not worse cause it effected Toby too. He still begs to watch her video and gives the Lili TV kisses and hugs. It makes my heart break. I will pray for your safe travel, a speedy return to Guatemala, and peace for your hearts. Love T

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Kelly & Tina!

jenica said...

Ohhh, that is so hard to even read. I will pray for your mother's heart that yearns to be close to it's baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...