"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, November 19, 2007

Trip Home

Sorry, once again, I have screwed of the order of photos as I was downloading them!!!
Got to figure this out!!!


Ruth, during our 5 hour layover in Houston. She literally spent at least a couple of hours pointing out the windows, babbling about the planes!
CUTE!!
Ana, watching a movie on the computer while we waited.
Both girls slept the whole flight from Houston to Denver, MUCH NEEDED REST!!

Volcan de Fuego, in the early morning sun at the GC airport.
Taxiing down the run-way in GC. Neighborhoods backed right up to the run-way. Guatemala has so much in the "opposites" category. We, Americans "rich" enough to take all our family there & visit our second adopted child. On the plane.......moving past people who may never leave the neighborhood the planes rush past hundreds of times a day......



The God of the universe knows each one of those people......He cares for them.......& wants them, too, to spend eternity w/ Him.




I feel so blessed that He has placed us where He has, in a position to be able to catch a glimpse of the "bigness" of our God.

Ana & Ruth in Houston.

Ana, adjusting to volume on her movie. When did I stop having to handle things like this for her? She is grown up enough to do that by herself?????

Somtimes I wish I could make time stand still, & thank goodness for cameras that let us capture "moments in time!!!"



Well, all day yesterday, I felt like we were missing someone. Gee, I wonder why????


Just felt like my arms were more empty than they should be……


But, we did manage to get some good pics anyway, despite the general sadness.


Ana & Ruth are both still sick, but it kind of comes & goes in a weird way. I suppose if it doesn’t clear up soon, I’ll take them to the dr. We now think it isn’t food poisoning, but some type of bacteria they must have picked up from having their hands in their mouths.


Lorraine Darwin (who a lot of you may know) is flying in for Thanksgiving!! Can’t wait! Seems like FOREVER since we have seen her!!!!


PTL for good friends in Christ!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





These verses bring great comfort to us as we wait. The comforting thing is…..we are NOT REALLY waiting on the Guatemalan gov’t, WE ARE WAITING ON GOD'S PERFECT TIMING!!!!


Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope.

Psalm 130:6
My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning—
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.

Psalm 39:7
“And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in You.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.



Psalm 33:20
Our soul waits for the LORD;
He is our help and our shield.
Once again, thank you everyone for praying us through the past week!!!

Thanks to Andrea & Jim, who made our trip so much more special.

And, thanks to Jose & Saskia, for including us in your trip to the zoo & museum. Ana needed some "girl" time, & your daughters helped her feel so at home in the country of Guatemala.

Love to all,

Kim



1 comment:

Jules said...

Oh Kim... I'm sure that was so hard... wowsers! Prayers for you as you wait.

You got a family of five picture! Yeah!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...