"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day Without the Turkey!!!

What????
Well…..to make a long story short….

My sister Shannon, who also lives here in Colorado Springs, was working today. Can’t have a holiday celebration w/ out the only family in town, now can we????

So,…..We will be having our big meal on Saturday, as she is also working tomorrow.



Pictures first!!

Sunrise out our Dining Room window the other morning.
First SNOW of winter!


Ana, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day Parade. Rockettes visible on tv in background. Not exactly what we have in mind for Ana's future dancing developement! ;-)


Ruth, who also wants to be a "dancing baby sister," just like her big sister.

Before our traditional Thanksgiving Day walk. No meal to walk off this year though. We are working it off IN ANTICIPATION!!! (of Sat.'s meal)


Training our children right! Notice she's holding....that's right....A KU JAYHAWK!!!! Last night was the first night of watching B-Ball for us & Ruth was thrilled! She kept babbling & pointing at the tv., & hugging her Jayhawk, & clapping when we we did! She was still excited about it this morning! CUTE!!!!

Quiet evening activities:

The girls playing a fishing game-durring which Ana was SO PATIENT W/ RUTH!!! I was SO proud of her!!! So fun to begin to see them actually enjoying one another!

Baking W/ Lorraine! Butterscotch Brownies for dessert! Yummy! Notice Ana's "Pilgrim Hat."

This is Ana, hard at work creating necklace w/ a bead kit. She had "fixed" her own hair for the evening, & picked out her own outfit. I had to post a pick of the back of her hair. I can't get over the 16 yr. old, trapped in a 6 yr. old body!


But,…..In spite of no special food, I still have much to be thankful for today. Here are some of them:


~Family—Here and elsewhere around the world. (miss you, little buddy, boy. Oh, no, choking up!) Parenting is such a privilege. Children change your perspective on life-for the better! So thankful that Ruth is home this Thanksgiving, her first one in the US.

Also, much extended family that we are blessed to be a part of! Love to all!

~Friends----Particularly, my good friend Lorraine Darwin, who chose US to spend her holiday w/!!! How special!! Love your friendship! Also, new friends-like the Cockrums, & I'm SO THANKFUL that precious Aven is now theirs!!!

~Mostly, I am SO thankful for my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ. Because of His sacrificial death, I am now on my way to heaven!



“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other Name under heaven given among men, by which we must be saved.”

Acts 4:12








Jesus Christ, that Name above all Names!!!
A THANKFUL Kim, signing off this Thanksgiving Night!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...