"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sick Baby

I am suspecting that Ruth is getting another ear infection.
Please pray that if she is, we can get it diagnosed & treated before we leave.
I do not want to have a miserable baby to start this trip.
Thanks!
Kim
UPDATE:

I posted yesterday that DD #2 was seeming a bit sick, & asking for prayer for her, as we are getting ready to leave for Guatemala on Friday.




Last night, she started a "barky" cough she has never done. & her fever was 103 under the arm. At that point, DH & I decided it was time to take her into the ER.

They took her temp there & it was 105!!!! I was SO glad I took her in!!


They diagnosed her w/ croup, gave her a shot of antibiotics, a dose of steriods, & kept us there until her pulse/ox levels went back to normal.

We are going to her Dr. this morning.

Please pray that she gets over this quickly & that none of the rest of us get sick.
We are going to Guatemala on Friday to visit our new son, who is only 3 mo. old, & was premature.
He will be staying w/ all of us at the hotel for a week.
WE CANNOT BE SICK THEN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!
Thanks, faithful friends!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I hope your daughter feels better. And I hope no one else gets sick so it will be safe to visit the baby.

Pineapple Princess said...

Praying for health and a wonderful visit trip for everyone!

One Busy Momma said...

I'm so sorry your dd is sick.
My boys had the croup a couple of weeks ago and after a few difficult days they were back to their old selves in no time!
Hope you have a wonderful visit!

Jules said...

Just checking your status for Friday and w/ your sick dd. Hope the medicine kicks in soon! Praying for a great & healthy trip!

Kim & Dave said...

Joyce,
Her Dr. said she should be fine for travel by Friday, PTL!

Thanks for checking/praying!

Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...