"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, September 18, 2008

"106??!?!? Are you sure you don't mean 100.6???"

Yes, that’s what came out of my mouth tonight at the E. R.

Yeah, that would be the Emergency Room.

I knew he was hot.

But 106?!?!?

I HAVE to have heard wrong!

Right?

“No,” the nurse corrected me.

"Not 100.6. 106!!!"

At that point, I was scared.

I usually do fine in these types of situations.

But, there in the Triage Room,
as I held my inconsolable 13 month old,
the tears started to well up.

Thankfully, after his doses of Tylenol & Ibuprofen,
his fever came down within the hour-back to normal.

Several pokes, proddings & procedures later, we discovered that he had slight inflammation in one lung. Amazing that something so simple could produce such a violent reaction! And yesterday, he had no symptoms at all.

But, there was also snippet of news a bit harder to take.

Elevated glucose levels in his urine. Now, this doesn’t mean diabetes for sure, but it is enough of a concern that we need to see the doctor. So, tomorrow, that is on my agenda. (He would need to be seen anyway, since one blood test result didn’t come back while we were there).

All for now, from a very grateful to God mommy!
Natty says, "Please tell all Mommy's blog readers,
I am now snuggled up in my own bed at home, fast asleep!"

5 comments:

Anna said...

Glad to hear Natty is ok now...what a scare Kim!!!

Praying he'll be ok with the test results and the glucose when you see the Dr tomorrow.

Take care,
Anna

Daphine said...

Hi Kim,

Wow! How frightening on the high temperature reading! Thank God that the Tylenol brought it down quickly. I've never heard of a child's temperature being that high.

Hopefully, Natty will sleep peacefully through the night and wake up feeling completely better tomorrow.

Take care,
Daphine

Kim & Dave said...

Thank you guys-Anna & Daphine for your continued prayers tonight & tomorrow. They mean a lot to me.

I will be getting up a few times tonight to check on him, & I'll post tomorrow on how he's doing!

Jules said...

Wowsers!! Thankful Natty responded so fast to the medicine. Hugs & prayers for you!!

Jan said...

Yikes. Scary. Glad he's home now. I hope the blood work comes back with something non-serious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...