"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, September 20, 2008

Round Two.....

The ER.......at 11:45pm Friday night.
Yes, yet again. There we sat.
Fever was 103.1 under the arm.
I was picturing adding 3 degrees to that
(like the thermometer at the hospital did the night before).

We got there, though, & fortunately, it was only 103.7 on their themometer.
The long & the short of it is, with an x-ray,
& ANOTHER CBC (read-digging around for a blood vessel that would donate blood), the doctor finally got the results.
The pnumonia hasn't improved much,
even after highdose antibiotics for 24 hours.

So, they gave him a shot of antibiotics & sent us home.
(4 1/2 hours later-but ER wait times are a discussion for another blog entry-ha!! ha!!).
He has SO had it with being *messed* with!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But, as I laid there on the bed holding him,
he (wonder of wonders) fell asleep on me!
Multiple times!
He has NEVER done that.

So, in the midst of all that exhaustion, mentally & physically,
the Lord gave me such a blessing it almost brought tears to my eyes.

My boy was cuddling, relaxed & asleep in my arms.
It got even better.
I fell asleep while waiting, too,
there in the dimmed light of our amazingly quiet room!!!
(quiet for an ER in the middle of the night, at least!!!)
Shear heaven on a hospital bed (in a good way-ha!! haa!).
Keep praying, friends!
His fever was 100.2 this am.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Oh dear ones!! :hug: More prayers continue.

Tina said...

I am saying some prayers for that beautiful boy and for your family. And that snuggling is a VERY special gift.

Anna said...

Kim definitely still praying...and isn't that wonderful that in amongst it all there was that special time with you and Natty in the ER (which would have to be one of the most unrelaxing places in the world!!)

Take care my friend!

Anna

Daphine said...

I pray for complete and urgent healing for Natty.

I also pray that your family will have great and peaceful rest tonight.

Kim & Dave said...

Thank-you each one of you, for you prayers & your comments, reminding me that you ARE praying!

I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...