"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, September 25, 2008

10 years ago……today (well, at least on FRIDAY, the 26th)

I married my best friend.

People say that all the time.

You know what I mean?

But, really, we even read each other’s minds & finish each other’s sentences!




We have been through so much together……
an emergency induction-with an AMAZING gift at the end.

The loss of our second child.

2 international adoptions.

Many, many road trips.

(that in itself is an OUTSTANDING accomplishment,
if I do say so myself!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But, most of all, we have just been through life together.

Sipping coffee in the morning…..while the kids are (hopefully) still snoozing.


Tag-teaming on bedtimes,
car-seat buckling,
kissing away boo-boos,
dressing kiddos……
& yes, even ER visits.

Laughing over life…..& laughing at ourselves.

Watching sports together.
(Go JAYHAWKS!!!)
Bedtime prayers.

Snuggle times.

It’s those day to day things that add up to make time together so special,
know what I mean, friends?

Thanks, Dear Hubby of mine, for 10 wonderful years, &
I can’t wait to find out what awaits us in the next 10, 20, 30 or 40 years!!!!
(Nor can I wait to go on our cruise!!!
Disney, here we come-again!!!)








13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 10 year anniversary!!!

Hugs,Leslie

Violet said...

Happy 10th Anniversary! Way to Go!

Marianne said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your weekend!

Kara said...

What sweet pictures!
Best wishes,
Kara
www.hanksadoption.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Anna said...

Happy Anniversary Kim and Dave!! Its wonderful you guys are still SO happy and in love. Love all your wedding photos.

And will be praying for Natty too with the high glucose readings he's been getting.

Take care,
Anna

Tina said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hannah said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Rebekah said...

What a beautiful post Kim ... and Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful life you have had together so far ... just think of what is to come ... have a wonderful Anniversary Weekend!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2

Faithful Froggers said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great post. Hope you all have a very special day together. :)

Stacey and Dewey said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Isn't it an amazing gift to be able to spend our lives with our best friends?
Enjoy the day!!!! And have a wonderful weekend!!
Stacey

Robyn said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!!

Robyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...