"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, September 18, 2008

HOPE......

First, if you have adopted, or are adopted,
I asked a question here earlier this week about whose “story” the adoption is-
yours or your child’s.
I am looking for some more feedback on that.

Also, Natty gave us a little scare last night & here are all the details.
Please pray for the doctors to have wisdom today.

So much comes to mind when I hear the word HOPE!

First, I thought of the words to this hymn:


“My HOPE is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ Name.


Refrain
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.”


Next, I looked it up:
Hope (from Dictionary.com):
~the feeling that what is wanted can be had
~that events will turn out for the best

Psalm 119:114
You are my hiding place and my shield;
I hope in Your word.


Psalm 119:147
I rise before the dawning of the morning,
And cry for help;
I hope in Your word.

Did you know that there are 27 uses of the word HOPE in the book of Psalms alone???
1. Psalm 16:9
2. Psalm 31:24
3. Psalm 33:17
4. Psalm 33:18
5. Psalm 33:22
6. Psalm 38:15
7. Psalm 39:7
8. Psalm 42:5
9. Psalm 42:11
10. Psalm 43:5
11. Psalm 62:10
12. Psalm 71:5
13. Psalm 71:14
14. Psalm 78:7
15. Psalm 119:43
16. Psalm 119:49
17. Psalm 119:74
18. Psalm 119:81
19. Psalm 119:114
20. Psalm 119:116
21. Psalm 119:147
22. Psalm 119:166
23. Psalm 130:5
24. Psalm 130:7
25. Psalm 131:3
26. Psalm 146:5
27. Psalm 147:11


Finally, I thought about what gives me HOPE & often it is just the thought of a new day. Yesterday’s mistakes, sorrows & trials are gone. Today is here-to be LIVED, the best of my ability, no matter what comes my way.

This is then the song the Lord brought to mind:

"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright HOPE for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!


Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!"
Pike's Peak, from our hotel window-6:30am
(yes, we stayed in a hotel while the carpet was being replaced!!!!).
Finally, for more glimpses into HOPE, run over to Sarah's blog!

7 comments:

Violet said...

I love your picture, and the idea behind it. I've always said their is something even more beautiful about a sunrise than a senset. I new day rising always brings hope. I really needed the reminder after the tiff my brother and i got into this evening. Tomorrow is a new day.

Debbie said...

A great post, I agree, with your post on Hope and your adoption question. It is a joint story!!

Debbie

Tina said...

What a pretty message. I am so sorry you had to go through that with Natty, but I am also glad that everything is okay. let us know what the doctor says.

Anonymous said...

Little Nathan is in my prayers!!!

I love the book of Psalms!! Hugs,Leslie

Stacey and Dewey said...

Natty will be in my prayers!! Love the stunning picture of Pikes peak! Beautiful post, thanks for sharing!!
Stacey

Rebekah said...

Love your post and that photo is amazing ... thank you for the psalm listings ... truly great! I hope little Natty gets to feeling better ... have a great weekend!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2

Robyn said...

What a beautiful post!! I will be praying for Natty!!

Robyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...