"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, October 23, 2008

How very SAD.....warning-not my usual type of post....

I have a prayer request to share with you. This is not my typical post, so be warned-you may need Kleenex. When I read these types of things-my heart breaks.

I opened my e-mail yesterday to the following note. To say that it shook me up would be a HUGE understatement. I know these things happen…..but, well, just read it & see if your heart isn’t breaking. It is from some friends of our who are missionaries in Guatemala City.



"I wonder how you would feel if the oldest of your 4 daughters married a leader of a gang which here in Guatemala means drugs, murders, robberies, rapes and whatever bad you can think of.

Then the daughter's husband gets put in prison so the rival gang take the opportunity to get revenge and kidnap his wife. The police call. They have a body, well sort of.

The father goes to identify what was the body of his daughter and is now chopped up in so many pieces it was not even recognizable except for one birth mark on one of the parts!

She leaves a little boy who the family take in.

Now, a couple of years later, another daughter goes to buy tortillas and she does not return. They learn 4 fellows kidnapped her. Five days later, the same story as the first daughter, but only half of her body was found and in pieces. They could not even tell how she had been murdered.

The poor mother wept in my arms on Sunday at the funeral and just said, "Why, oh why?" I had no answer. I did find out the girl was 3 months pregnant but do not know if this had anything to do with the murder. The mother wants to shift away from her home as she fears for the others girls. Also she apparently knows who did this and has to make police statements which could call for more reprisals.

As the girl's grandfather said, " This just shows us that we need to be right with the Lord as none of us know when the final call will come." This scenario is all too common here in Guatemala unfortunately."



Things like this happen on a daily basis-really the world over.

But, this hits home for us. Our children could have grown up there. And not made it to their 20th birthday. I am not trying to say "Yeah, Kim & Dave." Honestly, we are not heroes that rescued our children. We just followed His leading.

But, sometimes, I just want to say, "Thank-you, Father, for allowing us the privilege of bringing two precious children out of what could have been a childhood of poverty & danger-(& almost certainly would have been a life with out You)-into a life of peace & safety. & a home where they have the opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ.”



Please pray for the country of Guatemala-& for the people there (both missionaries & natives) who faithfully share Christ's love & His saving grace.



Please pray for this family as well....




Ephesians 2: 8 & 9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

9 not by works, so that no one can boast.



7 comments:

Rachel said...

oh wow, what a heartbreaking story. Adoption IS a wonderful thing - what a blessing to have parents that love you, a safe home, and the Word of God...I know you must be so thankful that the Lord led you to those little ones!

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, Rachel, we are SO blessed!

Anna said...

What a horrific story and SO sad!! That would be one of the worst things that could ever happen to mother I think to lose 2 daughters that way.

God has certainly blessed us in our countries and he is looking after your beautiful children too by bringing them into your family.

Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Anna-you are so right.....God was working all along.

And, living where we do is such a blessing. May we never forget it.

Vanessa said...

My prayers are with this family and all the other ones who have lost children to violent crimes!

Kim & Dave said...

Vanessa-it is SOOO hard to hear about, isn't it?

I think in this case, it is especially hard, because we know that the people who did this awful thing will most likely never be brought to justice-in this lifetime, anyway.

Becca said...

Definitely praying with you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...