"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stop the World's Spinning!!! I Want OFF!!! ;-)

We got back Thursday night.


The cruise was thouroughly delighful, & we enjoyed our time away.....
However, the last night on ship (Wednesday night),
we entered waters the captian reffered to as moderately rough.
Yeah......water was sloshing out of the pools.
I'm sure it was moderate for him, but my world is still spinning!


Thank the Lord, my stomach was never upset,
but I felt like I was going to fall over unless I was flat on the bed with my eyes closed!! Fortunately, the rough water was only basically while we were getting ready for bed.

But, all that to say,
does anyone know how I can speed up the return of my "land legs?"
I can barely function!
Thanks!

6 comments:

Anna said...

Welcome home and glad you had a great time. Sorry about the bad weather for you near the end.

Sorry I don't have any wonder cures for getting your 'land legs' back again. Doesn't sound fun for you at all! Hope it settles quickly for you so you can function ok.

Take care...and any pics of your time away??? Aren't I a curious soul!!!

Anna

Anonymous said...

The same stuff you take for motion sickness will help you get over "land sickness"....meclizine/dramimine...or they have "sea bands" you can wear on your wrists until you stabilize.....worked for me! Welcome back!

Kim & Dave said...

Jeanna-I have been taking it at night, but it makes me too sleepy during the day!

Anna-our camera ate 300 pics! I was SOOOOO sad!!!! I will post the few I have later....

Tina said...

Glad you're back cause I missed you guys. Sorry the camera was hungry...that is the pits. I can't wait to see hte pics you do have and I want to hear all about it (even if you have to email me) cause I want to live vicariouly through you guys for your trip.

Anonymous said...

Try Dramimine #2 (if they still make it) It's a different formulation....doesn't make me drowsy!

jenica said...

Oh yikes! That would freak me out! I was scared enough with calm waters during our cruise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...