"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, October 31, 2008

How will I EVER survive?!?!?

I have surgery on my throat scheduled for Nov. 20th.

I have scar tissue still on my trachea from when I was little & was intubated for a week.

The ENT I saw last month thought it might be some of what is obstructing my breathing & FEELS like asthma to me.

I almost danced at the thought of being able to BREATHE normally for the first time in my life.

BUT…….there is one TINY drawback.

So simple to solve really (yeah, right!)

I can’t talk following surgery for 48 hours!!!!
Quiet
(Bet I’ll be blogging up a storm, though, don’t you?!?!)

I am slightly nervous that they will be so close to my vocal chords,
so if you could pray for me regarding that aspect of surgery,
I would appreciate it!

5 comments:

Anna said...

Will definitely be praying for you Kim with your surgery.

Not talking would drive me crazy too!!! But at least you can still type and blog!

Take care,

Anna

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Oh Kim, HOW WONDERFUL CAN THAT BE!
Will keep you in prayer, and yes "BLOG" on girl for those 48 hours of silence.
By the way check your email from me and about my new blog!
Love, Pam

Daphne said...

I wish you well with your surgery! My husband must have something similar... ever since his surgery (years ago) he has a cough after eating, it last about 1/2 hour. We think it must be scar tissue, but have never looked into it. Sorry to go on...

Kim & Dave said...

No problem, Daphne!

Glad to hear other people survive! I just hope I can still sing!

jenica said...

Wow Kim! That is exciting and a little nerve wracking. I wish you well on your no talking voyage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...