"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, October 24, 2008

What is Bonding???

How do you bond?

I have one idea…….going through trials together.

The girls have been throwing up the past few days.
A BIG trial for 7 & 2 year olds.
(& a BIG trial for their mama,
too-who am I trying to kid?!?!? Ha!! Ha!!!)

This is how they spent 45 minutes-1 hour this morning:
You know, this is not what anyone would consider fun…..but, it is still a special “sister time.”

Before I had more than one child,
I always thought the bonding would come from reading books
& playing together-

But, today,
I saw more sister love &
affection than I have ever seen from either of them!

(& Natty thought he was RULER OF THE HOUSE while the girls were occupied like this! Up & down the steps, laughing & playing with toys & not having them taken away!)

Please pray they feel better soon.
It has been over 24 hours now.
Natty has VERY loose stools, too.
Pobrecitos!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys need some Kefir.
Its the best all natural probiotic out there.
You can buy a commercial version of it, but its not the same as homemade.
It has 30 natural probiotics in it.
Between High vitamin cod liver oil, kefir and kombucha, we are able to prevent most sickies, and the few that sneak in, are conquered so fast, they have no idea what hit them.

Tina said...

Incredibly Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Such darling pictures! Bummer way to bond but might as well make the best of it. ;)

I remember the days of games if one or both (closest sister) of us were sick.

Kim & Dave said...

Paula-the kiddos are rarely sick, thank the Lord (which is amazing, since two of them were bottle fed, too), & we have done probiotics in the past, but I never saw any difference in their stools/recovery or anything.

Joyce- I remember when all my siblings & I were sick at once, Mom just put us all in the living room on one huge blanket! In spite of being sick, we thought it was fun!

Becca said...

Poor babies! I hate that more than anything. I am glad you are turning lemons into lemonade.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Unknown said...

From what I understand, there is a huge difference between probitics that you but, versus the natural kefir.
Scientists have been unable to figure out exactly what kefir is, and since the grains have been passed down for 1,000s of years, it is speculated there is a conection to Manna.
It is quite sour tasting, so we make banana cranberry smoothies from it.
I broke out in awful excema again real bad this fall, literaly everywhere. I had not been drinking my kefir for about a month, due to some crazy company stuff.(they are gone now, thank the Lord!)
I got back on it, and it disapeared in 3 days time.

Anna said...

Oh the poor girls!! Really hope poor Ana and Ruthie are better soon and that Natty, you and Dave don't get it. We had it earlier this year and it was just awful!!

Praying for you all.

And that photo of the girls is very sweet inspite of them both not being well.

Take care,
Anna

Luke Holzmann said...

Reading out loud is always associated with bonding in my family, but spending time together sick works too [smile].

Lord, I ask that You heal the girls and help them to get back to full health quickly. May they have all the nutrients they need despite their sickness, and may no lasting problems arise from this. Amen.

~Luke

Kim & Dave said...

Luke-I fondly remember those family evening reading times, too. Once our babies are a bit older, perhaps we will all be gathered around a book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...