"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, October 30, 2008

New lessons for 7 year olds….(& even for 37 year olds!)

Lessons in how to graciously accept defeat.

Lessons in “God’s will is best.”

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him,
who have been called according to His purpose.”
Romans 8:28

Lessons on how to “try harder next time.”

& mostly……lessons for her parents.

Lessons on how to encourage your child,
when you just want to cry for them.

Ana raced a car she designed &
built in the AWANA Grand Prix last night.

She got an award for participation. Nothing else.

Oh, it was hard.
She tried so hard & was SOOO excited!
(the tears are welling up just thinking about her disappointment).

BUT……in the midst of this trial for her…..my mama’s heart nearly filled to bursting with pride!

Do you know what she did?

One of her friends came bounding up to me
& said, “Guess what guys??? I won the whole thing!!!”

Ana…..reached out to hug her…..
& said, “XXXXXXX,
I am so happy for you! Congratulations!”

I didn’t even prompt her at all!!

May we all learn that lesson-to rejoice with those who rejoice! (Romans 12:15)

(Do you think I told her how proud of her we were???? YOU BET I DID!!! & so did Dave….)

7 comments:

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Ana ~ that is one beutiful race car! Great work girl!
Love, Your Grammie's friend Pam

Tina said...

Congrats to Ana. She sounds like a winner to me! :)

Kim & Dave said...

This is Ana! It was hard work. I had LOTS of fun! I love my car.

Love, Ana

Luke Holzmann said...

I remember those days. I cried over every car I made because I couldn't get it "perfect."

And you've got it right, Ana, your experience and the final car is worth more than any trophy. I still have all the cars I made, but I haven't bothered to keep my trophies. Your sportsmanship and the effort you put into your car is far, far more important.

Congratulations!

~Luke

Anna said...

What a great job Ana did with her car and being so gracious and caring to her friend. No wonder you were so proud of her!

Hope you're feeling better too!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Ana, I'm so proud of you!! I love your car and am thrilled you could make one and get to race it. I would have really enjoyed a project like that when I was your age.

Tracy said...

That is the attitude to have, well done. One very special little girl. And I, for one, am amazed that sheis so young and made that car. So Clever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...