"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, November 10, 2008

Am I PROUD?!?!? You beccha!!!!

So……my sister, her hubby, my hubby & our kids went out for dinner on Saturday night.

Out to a buffet…..where all the kids can eat what they want.

The best part about it is, if they try something they don’t like-it’s an easy trip back up to the buffet for something else!

(Don’t think for a minute, though, that we aren’t those mean parents that make our kids eat their veggies, though! We are! Ha!)

But, our waitress made our night (both the kids & the parents!)

She said, “I have to tell you-your kids are the best behaved kids I have had in a LONG time! & they eat so neatly!”

Do you know how encouraging that was?

Both for the kids & for us!

So often parenting is a lot of “no-don’t” &
“eat with your silverware,”
& “stay in your chair.”

(& sometimes, parenting is even embarrassing-
& you know what I mean, don’t you??
PLEASE tell me someone understands that aspect!)

But, every once in a while-like Saturday night-you just feel SOOOO proud of your kids!

(& yeah, we have pointed it out to them several times!)
Clapping Hands





4 comments:

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Kim you've got to go to "Chatting at the Sky" blog - http://emmafree.blogspot.com and read her brainless posting then read the comments...especially the one posted by Kristi Temple....this is a very funny restaurant story!
Hi to your sisters!
Pam

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that Ruthie can stay in her booster seat at a restaurant.

Kim & Dave said...

Ha, ha, Brad!

She has been known to have a bit of trouble with that, hasn't she???

Anonymous said...

Awesome - I bet you are so proud of your kiddos! Thanks for joining our meme this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...