"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Funny Kids?!?!

How about funny “mom story?”
Or at least an entertaining “mom story?”

I thought we might need something lighthearted today,
so I had every intention of telling you something funny each of the kids have entertained us with over the past few weeks.

Yesterday,
Ruth even obliged us by breaking the swing that hangs in the doorway
-while she was in it!

She wasn’t hurt, but boy did she cry!
I actually saw it happen
& the look on her face made me laugh-
while I ran to her rescue!

Here is the proof:

But, as usual, life sometimes has other ideas.

I almost died last night.

Really.

If Dave hadn’t been there, I don’t know if I would be here today.

Has time ever stood still for you?

Last night, we settled in to watch something on tv.

The kids were all tucked in.

I had a small bowl of my favorite cereal-which is so sugary, I count it as a dessert. (YUMM!)

Suddenly, (& I have no idea how) I couldn’t breathe in or out.

My mind said…….”I can’t breathe! I’m choking! No air!”

I stood up & tried (at first unsuccessfully) to get Dave’s attention.

SO SCAREY!

No sound came out.

All I could do was wave my arms.

& grab at my throat!

Time stood still & FINALLY……..(really it was probably only a couple of seconds)

He stood up & asked, “Are you OK?”

NO! (this wasn’t spoken-just implied-but, thank the Lord, Dave understood!)

He pounded my back……didn’t help.

Somehow…………..

After what seemed like an eternity, he grabbed around my waist & Heimliched (like my made up word???) me!

& out it came!

& Not to gross anyone out-but the medical side of me has to share-I puked, too! Fascinating how the body works. I puked on our new carpet, too!


My question is, though, what would have happened had Dave not been there?

I had a very hard time going to sleep last night.

I kept going back to “What if I had been by myself?”

“What would I have done?”

I finally decided that I could have tried to bang my back on the wall.

I was also reminded that I am not guaranteed tomorrow.

But, God spared my life through my husband last night!

“LORD, make me to know my end,
And what is the measure of my days,
That I may know how frail I am.
Psalm 39:4

Thank-you, Dear! & thank-You, Lord!

6 comments:

Tina said...

That is so incedibly scary and I'm glad you're okay. I've had to do that for greg before and it scared me to death....the thought that I may not have been able to help him.

Anonymous said...

God is always watching over us.

If not for Chad tripping over his crutches getting out the car, Mother and I would've been slammed into a storefront window by an elderly woman who went into drive instead of reverse when leaving her parking spot.

Daphne said...

Very good stories!!! I'm so glad your husband was there!

Kelly said...

how scary, Kim. I've heard of this happening to other friends too. And, just an interesting tip..."they" (whoever THEY is...) says to throw yourself over the back of a chair (like a sturdy dining room chair)...to do the heimlech on yourself. Sleep in peace tonight knowing that the Lord looks out for us!!

Anna said...

Oh Kim so thankful Dave was there to help you!! God was definitely looking after you!

What a scary thing for you. That would really freak me out I think if that happened. Its good Dave knew what to do to help you.

And poor Ruthie with her swing...glad she didn't hurt herself.

Take care,
Anna

Anonymous said...

How scary! I'm glad Dave was home to save your life. I'd miss you terribly!! (((Hug)))

We had to do that to K when she was little. Amazing how that Heimlich works!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...