"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Protest Voting" (nope, I can't remain wordless today-sorry!!!)


You know what I mean, right?

Writing in “Mickey Mouse” on your “write-in” slot.

Voting for the 7th candidate down, who is affiliated with some party no one has ever heard of.

(Or at least the only people who have are ones who work at the party headquarters-ha! ha!)

What do you think of protest voting?

I, personally see it as not being a good steward
(steward-a person given the charge of something) of your vote.

Here’s why:

~We have a privilege many across the world do not have.
We can let our voices be heard.

~If you vote for someone who you KNOW will not make it in to office,
how is your voice going to be heard?

~You are the only person that knows what you did, right?
So, what did you do, but prove to yourself you didn’t like the choices?
You proved nothing to me-or to anyone else, since your ballot was a secret.

~I think, instead, each person should carefully examine each of the issues & research where each candidate stands-& vote for who you think MOST CLOSELY matches your ideas. It would be rare in this world to find someone you agree with 100% of the time, but you can find some common ground with someone serious on the ballot, can’t you?

To me, it is like throwing away a privilege God granted us by placing us in this grand United States of America!

What do you think?



(ok, climbing down off my soapbox now-

& hoping I didn't offend anyone too much-
but, hey, it's MY blog, right????-wink)

3 comments:

One Busy Momma said...

I completely agree!
With the electoral system that we have in this country, we currently have only a two party system. Either a Dem or a Repub is going to be president. Voting for anyone else is throwing your vote away.

Now... for local elections... have at it.

jmo

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Great Post Kim!
Up late here..yes it's 1:27 a.m.!
Sore back ( actually shoulder blade ) so going back and forth from heating pad and getting away from the heat..so here I sit. Learned how to music on my blog tonight...such fun!
Hi to Dave & kiddo's.
Love, Pam

Kim & Dave said...

one busy momma-I so agree on the local elections!

Hope you are doing better today, Pam! Off to check your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...