"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Friday, November 7, 2008

Dreams........

I am living my dream!

Do you ever stop to remember what you used to sit & imagine about?

I have pondered this a great deal lately.

I wanted to marry a man who loved me & have a dozen children.

In 1998, I began to have my little daydreams fulfilled.

I married someone who loved me in spite of myself.

(& just as a little bonus-he was TALL-really tall!-
something I always wanted but wasn’t sure I would get!)

I love him now more than the day I married him.

In 2001, the rest of my dream began to come to fruition.

Ana was born.

But you know what’s really cool, too?

God even fulfilled a dream I hardly ever spoke of to anyone.

Adoption.

When we married, Dave didn’t even know I had the dream.

And God blessed me again by bringing that dream to reality as well.

Soooo…..the past few weeks-through cooking dinner, wiping noses, soothing tears, temper tantrums (& not always from the 2 year old-ha! ha!), ripped books, spilled milk, egg shells in the food, clingy, cranky teething baby-through all these things…..God has reminded me that THIS is my dream!

Even with all it’s imperfections.

(FFF visitors-sorry,

I have very few family pics-they almost always turn out something like this!)

I know so many women who would love to be in my shoes-having a man & children to love & care for (& that love & care for them back).

Just as an aside-I don’t think I ever told you that Ana (with the help of her dad) made me chocolate chip cookies the other day when I was sick-stomach sick.

“I just thought they might make you feel better, Mommy!”

In spite of not being able to eat them then, I thought-“now this is heaven on earth-such a sweet child!”

I don’t deserve my dreams being fulfilled,

but every day, they are coming true before my eyes.

Thanks be to God! I have people to love & serve!

How about you?
What dreams did you have?
(PS.......I certainly don't want a dozen kids NOW.
Three seems like the perfect number! Happy )





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too wanted to be married and have lots of kids! :) My dream hubby needed a mustache and a hairy chest. ;) Check. Check.

I'm not so good on the 'lots of kids' part tho.

As for cookies when you want to toss them... I seem to want chocolate when I'm sick. How sweet for her to want to care for you!!

Tina said...

My drfeams came true the day I met Greg and they have far exceeded what I could of imagined for myself! Cute picture! And you do have some good family ones too!

PS How have you been lately? We havent really gotten to "talk" except this way. I think when things calm down today I am going to shoot you an email. :)

Rebekah said...

I LOVE this post of yours! What a beautiful tribute to your husband and children! And what a lovely family you have! Yummy choco cookies even with a tummy ache! How sweet! Your children are beautiful ... thanks for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful weekened!

Hugs from SNOWY Minnesota!

Rebekah - Jaden - Baby#2 too

ANDREEA said...

Yes,My dream is to have A DREAM HUSBAND one day,and FOUR kids:
ELINA-adopted(my country)
LI MEI-adopted(China)
KIYA-adopted(Ethiopia)
DAVID-by me:))-if I can...if I overcome my pHobia of being pregnant.
God help me!:)

Anonymous said...

AMEN itsnt it nice to get your dreams???!!! I feel the same way about my life too!!!

Your kids are too cute!

Hugs,Leslie

S said...

My dream was always to be single and to be the CEO of a large company. How thankful I am now that my dreams never came true! I would have missed so much!

They are such a blessing, aren't they?!

Tracy said...

That is such a special post. I have got the dream child definitely, although there are some days that I wonder. Have a great weekend.

jenica said...

It's really fun to hear about how the Lord has blessed you and how you are happy&content in what He has given you.

I, too, am so thankful for what I have been given. More than I dreamed way back when.

Kim & Dave said...

Yep, I think the general consensus is, all of our lives are better than we could have even imagined-even with it's trial & tribulations!

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your dreams! I had the husband and two kid dream for so long and then it changed. Now, my family is perfect with me and my three kiddos... but if Prince Charming were to walk in the door, I would not turn him away!

Great picture! Too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...