"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Besos" Kisses.......& my rambling thoughts on love! ;-)

Finally!

We are starting to see what I always dreamed of!

Before we started the adoption process, I wanted a sister for Ana.

Why?

Because I am one of the privileged people that still calls my sisters my best friends.

When life throws me a curve ball…….
or when I’m so overcome with joy I’m about to burst-
they are the first people to hear about it
(well-probably Dave & my mom are, too)

I wanted that for Ana sooooo badly.

I think that was one of the hardest things about infertility & miscarriage.

BUT……God had other, better plans, didn’t He?

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

The last few months have been sometimes hard when it comes to
“growing pains” & adjusting to becoming a family of five.
But, now, we are begining to see....
love for each other taking a firm root in their hearts.

This picture is one of my favorites, taken on our visit trip to Guatemala, while in process on our son’s adoption. It captures what I have always wanted for all my kiddos-love given & love received.
I don't think I could sum up better than this picture does,
do you?
(For more FFF, go to Sarah's blog!)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww thats a great photo of your babies!!! Beautiful!

Hugs,Leslie

Angie's blog said...

Beautiful!! Love the post too!!! Beautiful!!!

Iris said...

I love that photo. Pure love and happiness. You certainly have a lot to celebrate in the upcoming holidays with your growing family! Congrats.

Tina said...

That's one of my favs from your trip....have a great weekend!

Aileen said...

What a sweet picture of your adorable children!

Janet and Maya said...

What a beautiful photo! I love his expression - what a sweet smile.

Anna said...

Hi Kim, Good to be back online again and am finally getting a moment to catch up on your blog after our move. That photo is just beautiful of your children. How sweet!! God certainly does know what is best for us doesn't he. I can really relate to what you say...we have gone through the whole infertility thing too and can now see how God has worked out his plan for our 2 beautiful girls to be in our family.

Hope you're going ok.

Take care,
Anna

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

That's one precious photo, Kim. I am so happy for you and Dave and your 3 gifts. Ruthie been swinging any hangers lately :>)!
Pam

Kim & Dave said...

Anna-so glad you are back up! I will check your blog later today-do you have any pics up of your move yet?

MICHELLE said...

That truly is a sweet picture. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Sarah said...

I always wanted a sister too... so sweet that they will always have each other. All three of your children are beautiful!

Rebekah said...

Oh what a truly beautiful photo of your kiddos ... they are so cute! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Rebekah - Jaden - Baby#2 too

Robyn said...

How beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...