"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Natty......one year ago today......

Do you recognize milestones in your life?

I love them. I love to remember.
I love to review all the emotions, sights & sounds of any fond memory.
From that day we met our son:

I remember the softness of baby cheeks.

I remember the hugs of that day. Shear joy to see our foster family again.

I remember the tears.

I remember the crooning to my babies by Mama Anna (all of them) in Spanish.

I remember the look of seriousness on Ana’s face as she carefully held her little brother
& fed him a bottle for the first time.

I remember the bittersweet knowing that in spite of the joy of the day,
a breaking of my heart was coming.
I would soon love this little boy-& do what no mother should have to do-
leave their baby in a foreign country……not knowing when we would return.


What a year of blessing this has been, huh?

& to think that in the summer of 2007,
we had no idea how much different &
BETTER our lives would be with another blessing in our lives......
“Behold, children are a blessing from the Lord.”
Psalm 127:3

Do you spend time “remembering?”
(For a fun stroll down memory lane,
visit the following old posts:
& finally: here.)

3 comments:

Tina said...

Ooo, I love memory lane strolls. Natty has gotten so big in a year. In fact so much changes in a year....I've been trying not to take it all for granted or rush it, but instead take in every moment I can.

Angie's blog said...

Great blog site:) Got your link from the forum. Congrats on your one year gotcha day!!! I am a HS, parenting, spousing( I like your word), large family etc. mom too!! God Bless, Angie

Andrea said...

I VIVIDLY remember this time!!!!

Cuz I was there for some of it!!!

Natty is absolutely adorable....

and what a crazy ride it was getting that boy into your arms forever!!!

and a big "who knew??!!!" labels his journey perfectly!

Andrea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...