"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hiking……

WHEW!!! What a workout! Especially when carrying a baby on your back!

(OK….so I really had the more easy baby-carrying job yesterday.
My sister Shannon carried Ruthie in her arms most of the hike.
We need another backpack).

But, oh…..the exhilaration of JUST GETTING OUT THERE!!!

I discovered about 6 years ago, that if I wanted my kids to like the outdoors,
I had to enjoy it with them.
(really not a problem. I was taught to enjoy the outdoors the same way.
Mom & Dad just took us out.)

We live in Colorado, & experiencing the mountains is just part of that package!

My sister Rebekah & I have been wanting to get these cousins on a trail together,
& yesterday, we finally had our first opportunity.

Meeting at 9am, soon became 9:30am & then 10am.
(get it? 6 kids-3 each-& two of whom are under the age of 2…..
yeah, we are slow moving in the morning)

Finally, we hit the trail a bit after 10.




Acting like soldiers.....at least two of them!
(Ana, Andrew & Nathan)
COME VISIT!!! WE'LL TAKE YOU HIKING, TOO!!!!

7 comments:

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Thanks for sharing your exploits in hiking with us. Chris and I have been trying to get out into the mountains around here to take the kids hiking but life keeps happening! Maybe this weekend ...

Of course, my crazy hubby thinks that we should just have the kids hike with us for the 2.4 mi loop. We'll see how that goes.

Kim & Dave said...

Oh.my.word, Beckie!!!

Good luck on that one!

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

Where do you find the energy?! And not just for hiking, but for driving across several states with three kids and no adult help? I was so impressed when I saw you at chapel! Wish we could've chatted a bit more but it seems our kids had more selfish plans =)

You do such a good job. Keep it up!
Sarah N.

Kim & Dave said...

Sarah-oh, it was nice to see everyone in Law. too!

Kids rarely cooperate with adult plans, I'm discovering! ;-)

(I think I'm just a bit insane to do so much......but, really, Ana is a HUGE help!!!)

Kim & Dave said...

I can't get to your blog now, Sarah. Is it password protected?

Anna said...

Kim,
What a fun day for you all!! Its SO great to get out in the outdoors and enjoy the beauty of God's creation. I used to do lots of bushwalks with my parents when I was younger and loved it. We haven't done much I must admit at all with 2 under 5's. Definitely hope to again though as they get bigger.
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Anna-you are so right. It is God's creation I want to teach them to enjoy-because He is so creative to make such variety for us to enjoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...