"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, June 9, 2008

My 8.....Yes, I was TAGGED!!!

By my friend Tina.
Run over to her blog,
& see her cute Guatemalteca who just had her first birthday!!!
(& her son who is SUPER handome, too!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So....here are "My 8...."


8 Things I am passionate about:
1. Jesus Christ, my Savior!
2. My family-& all extended family members
3.. My friends
4. Adoption
5. Guatemala...& anything realted to it & it's people
6. Outdoors……& teaching my kids what a blessing it is to be able to enjoy it!!
7. Travel-even just jumping in the car & going to see family.
8. Home Schooling


8 Things I want to do before I die:
1. Enjoy my future grandkids (can’t argue with this one, Tina!!!)
2. See all my children happily married!
3. Take my children to visit Guatemela, & their WONDERFUL foster family
4. Learn Spanish better
5. Climb Pike’s Peak
6. Run in a race (even just a small one)
7. Drive all over the US, visiting historic sites (I love US history!)
8. Celebrate 50 years together with my husband (can’t argue with this one either!!!)


8 Things I say often:
1. No Way!!!
2. No, Ruth…..STOP IT!!!
3. Ana, did you finish? (schoolwork, teeth, bedroom……the list goes on & on.
She is easily distracted. She gets it from her mother!!! Wink!)
4. Besos a Mommy, por favor!! (kisses for Mommy, please!!!)
5. Quieres leche? (Do you want milk?-
said to all three kids at least 3-4 times a day!)
6. Just a minute! I’m coming!!!
7. Te quiero mucho!!! (love you!!)
8. Dave, Ana, Ruth or Natty….no surprise here, huh!


8 Books I've read lately
1. Bible
2. Any new Beverly Lewis
3. At the moment,
paging through a photo album with Ruth
of her life in Guatemala before she came home….
she love that better than any story book
6. Other books for Homeschooling
7. Five Love languages (for kids & spouses)
8. Read a lot on the Internet about adopting & homeschooling


8 Movies I've watched 8 times or more:
1. "Anne of Green Gables"
2. "Anne of Avonea"
3. "The Gospel of John"
4. "Emma"
5. "Little Women"
6. "Incredibles"
7. "Finding Nemo"
8. "Sense & Sensibility"


Now you know more about me than you ever probably wanted to know!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...