"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, June 2, 2008

Today is my Chance......And it is YOURS, too!!!

The words of this hymn came to mind this morning…

(as I sat in my quiet spot, sunshine streaming in…..

& birds greeting the day outside my window)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make me a Blessing”


Give as 'twas given to you in your need;
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed;
Unto your mission be true.

Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love;
Tell of His pow'r to forgive;
Others will trust Him if only you prove
true ev'ry moment you live.




Refrain:

Make me a blessing,

Make me a blessing,

Out of my life

May Jesus shine;

Make me a blessing,

O Savior, I pray,

Make me a blessing to someone today!

Ira. B. Wilson


We only have today once…..& my opportunities are many:

Think of all the people I will come into contact with today:

~Dave
~Ana, Ruth & Nathaniel
~Dr.’s office for Natty
~City inspector for the new hot water heater we had installed last week
~My BIG opportunity today: helping my sister & brother-in-law as they move into their new house here!
~My mom, who is also here helping
~My 3 wonderful nephews….
~Not to mention all the people I might run into…..at the store….if I meet my family for lunch, all the people in the restaurant …..and the list goes on & on…..

Who can you bless today?

Panning for GOLD (wink) at Territory Days!

My, what levels of concentration are required for this task, huh?

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Love that hymn - that spoke to me too, as I read it.

Jules said...

Cracking up over the last picture!!!

(insert that ROTFL smilie here)

What a beautiful bird! What kind is it?

Kim & Dave said...

Joyce....you know, I'm not sure..I googled colorado songbirds!

(Cheating, I know-wink!)

Kim & Dave said...

Rachel-so glad!

Anna said...

Kim,
Thanks for your encouragement today. Really like the words of that hymn.
Love that pic of Ana feeding Natty...very cute!

Kim & Dave said...

The funny thing was, she really was opening her mouth that wide!!!

I mean we all kinda do that when we feed babies.....but *that* much????

Too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...