"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wordless Wednesday: (just kidding, not exactly "wordless!")

My whole married life, I have wanted to live closer to my family.

About 4 years ago, God answered this heart’s desire by moving one of my sisters out here.
She is not married, & SPOILS our kids rotten! (which is good for them, I think!)
She also spoils us, but, that’s just a nice added benefit!

BUT….about 6 months ago, my OTHER sister surprised us with the news they were placing their house on the market & ALSO moving to Colorado!!!

The long awaited day finally arrived, &
they pulled into their new neighborhood about 10 miles north of us EARLY Sunday morning!!!

Ana is THRILLED!
She is our child who FEELS everything, & was telling us several times a day that she “just couldn’t WAIT until her best cousin (A., who is also 7) moved here!!!!”
(My sister & I have tried to convince them they can’t get married, to no avail! Blush! )

But, all joking aside, we are so thankful for the blessing of FAMILY close by for our kids.
It is nice to have people around your kids who have the same values/beliefs.
Know what I mean????
Especially in today’s CRAZY, MIXED UP world.

We have spent time up there every day since Sunday
(& I just have to put in a good word for our church family-many of whom made the trek up there after church on Sunday to help them unload their truck! Thank-you to any of you reading this!!!)

Anyway, here are pics…..& you probably will see much more of these handsome little gentlemen!

How has God blessed you today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For You meet him with the blessings of goodness;
You set a crown of pure gold upon his head.
Psalm 21:3
My mom (who is also here helping) & I!
"Whew! Sorting toys is hard work!"
Feel the LOVE! Ana w/ her cousin, "A."
Ruthie & cousin "J"
Cousin "J" & cousin "N"
Here is just the help Natty needed!

(Sorry I don't have pics of my sis & brother-in-law yet!
Stay tuned!)


10 comments:

Rachel said...

That is wonderful news! I would LOVE to live closer to family.

Jules said...

How fun for all of you! I miss my family. (most of the time! ;) )

Anonymous said...

If VP Cheney is to be believed, Ana could bring "A" back to her ancestral state.

And as much as I love my cousins -- who all live about 90 minutes away -- I wouldn't marry any of them; Chad and I are the city mice, and they're the country mice.

(Besides, if I had married my cousin, then I would've had to buy my new car from a complete stranger.)

Kim & Dave said...

Joyce-we are really enjoying it!

Brad-how did you get a link on the comments??? That's cool!!

Kim & Dave said...

Rachel-I'm not surprised! You have a great family on both sides!

Anna said...

That is SO wonderful to have family so close now. You must be so happy to have them so close. That is one of the things I really miss where we are at the moment.

My 4 year old and her cousin also 4get on really well too. We'd love to live near them one day too.

Loving supportive family is such a blessing!!

Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Anna-you are SO right-it is a HUGE blessing!!!

~ Rory ~ said...

Hi Kim! Okay, so now that all of my non-blood, but might as well be sisters are in CO, a trip is in the making!!! Thanks for the pics!

Kim & Dave said...

Yes!!!

PLEASE do come!!! You can stay with R.!!! (wink!)

Anonymous said...

The comment box allows for old-fashioned HTML markup -- none of this Ctrl+K in Word business.

But to refresh everyone's memory (and don't forget to change the brackets into the greater- and less-than signs):
[a href=website address]yada yada yada[/a]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...