"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

“Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

He will cover you with His feathers,
and under His wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”

Psalm 91:3 & 4


No surprise, that the morning after my “Bird Incident,”
this is the passage I was supposed to read.
(God works that way, you know?)

I know this is probably elementary to most of you,
but my mind immediately drifted back to the night before,
when we were trying our hardest to rescue to bird & let it go free again.

How many times do I fight God’s workings in my life,
just like the bird was fighting our plans for it Tuesday night?
(I can remember many a time over the last 4 years of my life!
Adoption & miscarriage related!!!!)

“Oh, Father, please bring this to mind the next time life throws me a curve ball!”

Tune in tomorrow for Ruth’s b-day!!!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Super lesson! I need to remember that too.

Kim & Dave said...

Yep.....God has a way of putting us back in our place, doesn't He?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...