"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Head Versus Heart

Has the Lord shown You how to make the jump from trusting His word w/ your HEAD to trusting it w/ your HEART?
Psalm 62:8

“Trust in Him at all times, you people;

Pour out your heart before Him;

God is a refuge for us. Selah”


How can you be “trusting” & “pouring out your heart” at the same time?

I am trying to make this leap, so I can REST.

Is it OK to sometimes (while knowing that He is in control) to just LOOSE it w/ Him?

I feel like a little kid, throwing a temper-tantrum.

I say, “I know you are God, & You are working mighty things-way bigger than just Nathaniel’s homecoming. But, I don’t like where you have me right now!!!!!!”

Has the Lord helped you in this area? How has He done it?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Kim-I love that verse! What a comfort to have the Lord in control...

rjb said...

Kim -- This is absolutely normal and okay. Isn't this more or less what Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane? "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done" (Luke 22:42). He was stressed out to the point of sweating blood, pouring his fear and anguish out to his Father... yet at the same time trusting Him completely. It isn't wrong to be frustrated with where you are or how things are going in your life. Nor is it wrong to express your dismay to Lord. It becomes sin when we tell Him that we're going to take over since His way isn't getting us what we want.

Rachel said...

I agree...pour out your heart to Him. I can see this being a need almost MOMENT BY MOMENT, you know? He will be the only One who can give you the strength and faith to trust in Him... you cannot muster that up on your own anyway.

Tell Him exactly what is on your heart; He can handle it. He is a big God and He longs to hear the hearts of His people.

Paula said...

Kim...He KNOWS our heart and our frustrations but he also wants us to COME TO HIM with EVERYTHING! So...yes...pour out your heart to him and then, TRUST. Trust that He knows what He's doing and that he will give you the strength to wait for His timing. I love what rjb said about Jesus in the Garden...He DOES have your whole situation in His very capable hand. (Oh...and can you please be ready to remind me of all of this when I need it in the months to come? Thanks!)

Merry said...

I think many of the Psalms illustrate this idea well, perhaps Ps. 13 is the most concise:


http://hopeismyanchor.blogspot.com/2008/01/hes-normal.htmlPs 13:1-6
1 How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.
(NIV)

I would say that I pour out my heart--all of my heartaches & troubles and fears and anger and frustration to God BECAUSE I trust Him. This is not just "venting" to a friend who can't do anything--this is me going to THE ONE in the universe who CAN do something--or who can choose to let me go through whatever it is. I am in His hands to do with as He pleases. That's what I come back to and rest in, and find honor in. I can think I'm a victim or I can remember I'm a living sacrifice and I've given myself to God. God bless, Merry :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...