"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Sunday, January 6, 2008

Snow Day!

But if you do nothing else on your visit to my blog today

read yesterday’s post

PLEASE!

There I record:

~one of the COOLEST things ever to happen to me.

~one of the post BIZZARE things ever to happen to me.

~explain our latest ADOPTION snag…..which was so HARD for me to write.

So, PLEASE......do read it, & keep us in your prayers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now…..to the SNOW DAY!

Dave took Ana on her first ever SKI TRIP yesterday.

Ski Cooper is about 3 hours west of us…..a small mountain by some standards but big on history, & a perfect place for an introduction to strapping long, skinny strips of metal to your feet, & pointing them straight down a mountain!

Here is the picture & video proof & I think she looks great, if I do say so myself!






I’m just suffering a bit of a let down that I couldn’t see it in person myself, too.

I am, however, bursting at the seams w/ pride at how much of a natural she appears like. Oh, just watch the video & look at the pics & see if you don’t agree! Also, she can’t stop talking about ALL of it…..the snow, the teacher, her new friends (Ana never met a stranger), the drive in the snow, how to fall, how to get back up….etc. You get the picture.

But, wait….the only time she EVER isn’t talking is when she’s asleep or sitting in the pew at church! Ha! Ha!

Anyway, just watch the video, people!

P.S. Ruth & I stayed home for the 3rd Sunday in a row.
P.S.S Dave leaves for 6 weeks on Wednesday.
P.S.S.S Don't forget....read yesterday's post....it's worth the time for a laugh, for a cry & for the reminder to PRAY for us!!!!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! And so lucky to have the opportunity to learn to ski at such a young age...something I've NEVER attempted in my 38 years!!! Great job, Ana!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Monica!

I'll show her your comment when she gets home from church.

Anonymous said...

I've never been skiing before, and I know that I wouldn't do nearly as well as Ana did. DH and I are supposed to go to Breckinridge for a conference next month, but I think they probably discourage pregnant skiiers!

Kim & Dave said...

Emily, most likely, yes.....Ha! Ha!

You made me smile this morning....which I needed!

Unknown said...

oh, how I miss the snow.

{closing my eyes and imagining once again . . .}

Kim & Dave said...

Come on out & visit!

What a meet-up that would be, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...