"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, January 19, 2008

Movie Night & a Bit of Reminiscing

We drug out "The Sound Of Music"
This used to be Ana's favorite movie.


Imagine my surprise when she didn't even REMEMBER IT!!!!


I was shocked!
Reminded me that kids have such a limmited memory about things like that.
Makes me glad that they do start to remember important things, though.
Ana will never forget meeting Ruth & Nathaniel for the first time.

Also makes me glad we made the decision to take her w/ us to Guatemala.

This helps form part of who she is.

We are not the type to have older siblings present in the hospital room if we were ever to birth more children.

But, Ana got to see Nathaniel for the first time-at the SAME time as Dave & I! She got to see his "birth" into our family.

And in a way, she saw Ruth's, too, at the US Embassy, January 3, 2007, when we promised before that lady at the window to be Ruth's family for the rest of her life.

What a privilage adoption has been to everyone in our family, & I'm so glad Ana is old enough to remember most of it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, now, for the pictures!

Can't get over those toes! (Can't keep sox on her either! Happy)
Enthralled Anew!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I went to cover the girls up for the last time last night, this is what I saw!
Sent me running to find this:
(shades of her big sister, I'd say!)
How quickly they grow up!


(Yes, I know the picture's blurry, but it's a picture of a picture-which was also blurry. Poor Ana. This is evidence that we had not yet entered the digital age!!! Hee! Hee!!!)

What will they REMEMBER about their childhood?



Ok.....and, in closing, an IRRESISTABLE video of both of the girls.
Ana trying to sing along & eat-Ha! Ha!
Ruth, dancing to the music!
Aren't they just the cutest!

4 comments:

Paula said...

That is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE movies!!! I think I watched it AT LEAST once a month as a kid. Very fun to see your darling girls singing & dancing along. ;^)

Anonymous said...

She didn't remember it?!? How can that be? She only watched it 5,693 times.

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOODNESS THAT IS THE CUTEST BLOG VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!

I am MAKING my boys watch that moving this week!!!

Why did I almost cry during that video???

They are TOOOO cute!!!

Andrea
aka formyboys

Kim & Dave said...

I don't know....I have see some pretty cute video of your kiddos, too, Andrea.

But, I will say it is ONE of the cutest for sure! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...