"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Christmas (cell phone) Story

First, PLEASE make sure you scroll down, because I posted 3 NEW POSTS today!!


In February, Dave & I exchanged our old cell phones for new ones. We had reached the end of the 2 year agreement, & they would give us free new ones.

I broke out of my comfort zone (being more of a black/grey color girl) & came home w/ a RED, camera phone.

A few months ago, the new RED phone (which, by then, I loved) took a rather unfortunate tumble into a pool of water!

I scooped it up as quickly as I could, but of course it was fried!

I kept the phone, & over the next few months, tried several times to turn it on & heard a horrid fuzzy noise every time…

We switched the service back to my old phone, which after two years of use, was a little worse for the wear.

Fast forward to yesterday, when on the phone w/ my sister, the phone split in two in my hands!

Have you ever had something like that happen to you??? Shocked me!


The rest of the story……

Thinking it might be a NO PHONE next year & half (& as anyone who knows me, knows-this cannot happen to me) I started thinking desperately about how to remedy this horrid new development!

Could I Gorilla Glue it?

No-the way it was broken, the phone would have never opened again!

I had a small amount of money in my personal savings account-should I use it to buy a new phone?

Nope, not exactly what I had planned to spend my money on.

At this point, I am RACKING my brain to try to come up w/ a way I won’t have to go cell-phone-less!

The same moment in time, Dave & I realized, “Wait, before we do any thing drastic, we should just check the old phone, on the OUTSIDE chance it MIGHT work!”

And……you’ll never believe it!

IT WORKS AGAIN!!! YEAH!!!

So, the old phone is back in storage & my new RED phone, (which, did I mention, I LOVE?), is back in it’s cell phone case!

So, Merry Christmas to me!!! I have my new/old cell phone back!!!

6 comments:

jenica said...

Wow! That is crazy Kim! Must have finally dried out?

Kim & Dave said...

Yeah, you think 6 months is enough time?????

Gina said...

That's pretty neat! I have a red phone too and LOVE it! It's my adventurous side ;)

Kim & Dave said...

Yeah, that's the word I was looking for....I was definitely being adventurous when I got it!

Jules said...

Yes, dd super glued her phone in the open position b/c hers had also broken in half. That only last a few months and she had to buy a new phone. Ugh!

You don't need a verizon one do you? ;-)

Kim & Dave said...

Nope, I'e on Sprint!

But, thanks anyway, Joyce!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...